Notices

Day 2

Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hello everyone. Just an update. I didn't have a drop last night (which is a pretty big step for me) and went to bed fairly early at about 10:15. I didn't sleep well last night. It feels like I didn't sleep at all, but I know that I dozed off and on throughout the night. I got up early this morning (about 5:45 AM) and went and had breakfast at a local cafe with some guy friends. We meet every Tuesday, but usually I am a touch hungover. This morning I went with a clear head. My Doctor is part of our group by the way, but I haven't had the nerve to tell him what I am doing. I have been a closet drunk. I don't go out and make a fool of myself or anything like that. But today, I am feeling pretty good! I actually feel more rested today after a few hours of crappy sleep than I did getting 8-9 hours of drunken sleep. So it has been almost 48 hours since I have had a drop of alcohol, and now I am at work. So I know I won't have any while working. (Meeting with clients all day.) Tonight I am going golfing with my wife, which I think will be a good distraction so I won't want to drink. My detox has been pretty mild. Just a little bit of a minor headache, and that's about it.

So, that is where I am at. Thanks again to all of the great encouragement I have received from you all on here. God Bless!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Bdiddy,

Keep it up man. It sounds like you are going to have a nice detox. I would probably talk to your doctor though just in case. I know it was important to me to start taking in a lot of vitimins and drinking a ton of fluids to clean out my system. Golfing with the wife huh? My wife would never go with me. Congrats on going on day 2. no hangover feels great, huh?

Chris
Old 06-30-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Every alcoholic and every detox is different, I strongly suggest you speak to your doctor today, day three was when the bad stuff started to try to rear its ugly head and I was being medically detoxed, they upped my antiseizure meds on day 3.

If you decide not to involve your doctor I strongly urge you to not be alone at least for the next 2 days, it is difficult to call 911 in the middle of siezures, stroke or heart attack. Detoxing from alcohol can and does kill some folks.