Doing Well!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mis

Doing Well!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say that separating myself from the addicts in my life was hard in the beginning, but has gotten better because they are people I love dearly. Ive taken time to focus on my goals in life uninterrupted. The people I am not associating with now are always in my heart and prayers. God willing they will get better someday. I still love them but now Im loving me too! :o)

Every day is a new beginning!

Old 06-28-2009, 02:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a beautiful place to be in your recovery.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jimbo

thanks for sharing ,drink has been my problem and all my friends are major drinkers ,getting invited to BBQ'S etc where everyone will be drinking and saying stuff like go on one drink wont hurt you and go on and on trying to get me to drink ,it makes going out near any of them a nightmare

so i have had to stop mixing with them all which has left me pretty much friendless

its a common thing i see if you want to get healthy

i have honestly got swine flu at the moment and cant go out any way which feels like a blessing some how
Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting Mis, you remind me that stepping back from my alcoholic boyfriend and codependent mother and giving myself some room to breath does not mean I do not care for them. They may think otherwise, of course.

Baldjim, I'm so sorry you are down with swine flu. I hope you are on the mend at the very least and make a speedy recovery. I do believe in looking at the positive in a seemingly crappy situation. What a pain it is to receive invitations to outings and to not be able to go because of the struggle against offers of alcohol from people who you would think would support your sobriety. Knocking you down with the flu may have been the universe's best way to protect you at the moment.

Best wishes to you both.
Alice