The Opposite of the 12 Steps

Old 06-22-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Opposite of the 12 Steps

Someone shared this with me.... and I just had to share with this group.

1. I declare my complete control over alcohol and everything else; and further declare that my life is in perfect order.

2. I recognize no power as great as I am; nor any person as smart as I am, and if you don’t like it, come outside.

3. I made a decision to run my life and everyone else’s life suit only me, and I pity those who get in my way.

4. I made a searching and thorough inventory of every one other than myself, and find them woefully lacking in all respects; and I never hesitate to tell them so.

5. I admitted to no one, including God and myself, that there could possibly be anything wrong with me or my actions.

6. I went to extreme efforts to protect and increase my defects of character and I did a little drinking besides.

7. I continued my obnoxious and arrogant air of asking no one for anything, my Big Eye was for telling, not asking.

8. I kept a complete list of all persons who had harmed me, either real or imaginary, and swore to get even with them all.

9. I got even where possible, except when to do so might injure me.

10. I continued to bitch and whine about everything to everyone and, when I was right, promptly reminded them.

11. I sought through scheming and conniving to materially improve myself, at the expense of my fellow man. I never hesitate, when the opportunity presents itself to bring disaster and misery to anyone who happens across my path.

12. Having had a complete moral, physical, financial and spiritual breakdown, all of my remaining effort was directed toward dragging those near me and dear to me down to the same depths of despair. And I did a little drinking too.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I know "some" still in Step 1...

Some part of me finds the humor/irony on it... and some other finds it sad that all those points are true for many people.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I agree with takingcharge. I laughed, but still, it is a truth for many folks.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know the feeling, I laughed a bit, but also was saddened by the truth in it.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was thinking the same thing. It really is true.