Weird coinkidink...

Old 06-21-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Weird coinkidink...

Ok so here is the sitch....yes I have been watching Disney Channel to much with my almost 1 year old munkee...

My ex decided to send me an email to my work address which is the only one I forgot he still had and dumb me just had to open it...

He says don't bother me anymore, I am dating, have girls chasing me left and right and am l-i-v-i-n life....he goes on to brag about the gulf coast and all the fun nights he has had under the moon blah blah blah...

I cried...yeah It was torturesome, especially since I am lonely and living at mom and dads in mommy mode....

Then I logged onto my chat window and an old friend pops up to tell me he misses me and hopes I am doing well...

Well what do you know...when one door closes. Another opens...

It is funny b/c it is the very same guy my ex was jealous of b/c I had such a crush on him for years...but I am not going to reply to my ex...I will sit in a comfortable neutral and just remember that he can quack all he wants...he can even be mean, but he will not kill my spirit...

Dont worry Im not jumping into dating yet, still healing, so it is just nice to have a friend though...

Fingers crossed that I meet some new friends soon...
Old 06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

They say that coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.

I think it is no fluke that your old friend called, and that his kind words took the sting out of the ones from your ex.

Don't open any more e-mails from him, no matter where he sends them. Who needs to hear from anyone who is deliberately hurting and mean? My guess is that in his wildest dreams, his life is nowhere near how he describes it.

Hugs
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Yep that's what everyone tells me...throw out the garbage...I have a great new job for the fall and I am sure it will pay at least 700 more a month which is coincidentally how much I would get if loserboy would make enough to send...so I think it will all work out...just gotta believe in myself...
Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am dating, have girls chasing me left and right and am l-i-v-i-n life....he goes on to brag about the gulf coast and all the fun nights he has had under the moon
Translation:

I am miserable and I want every one else to be too, ESPECIALLY YOU because you threw me out and won't take care of me any more.

roflmao

boy what a bunch of QUACKING.

And what a bunch of GROWTH on your part. You go girl!!!!!!!!

I am positive that you will meet some new friends, especially since you have that great new job starting!

Sounds like HP was really working in your corner today. I also agree with Ann, no need to open any more emails from him at all.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-21-2009, 10:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

OK...I did get the urge to tell my new friend and I said NO ...I need to start new thoughts, new motions towards not having this loser on my mind all the time. I thank God every day my baby is healthy and happy...I was just thinking today how miserable and crabby she would be with him ignoring her all the time if I had stayed. It is sad to think how viral this is...it gets in your system and takes forever to get out...but I do feel stronger today knowing that yes he may be in some tramps' arms tonight...but he doesn't have me and my precious little one, my great cooking, my world class ability to turn anything into a fun situation and my cute little face...so (tongue out) his loss buddy....

I have been praying a lot lately that my finances will get better, I want to move somewhere soon, but really with a little one and being a new mom...I probably am in the safest place.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Thank you for the advice guys...I dont know what I would do sometimes...ya'll seem so strong.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Is he the father of your child? If so, it's a bit more complicated I'd think.

I hated it when my daughter in law called my AS a loser. I think he'll come through this and eventually be okay (at least all us parents hope that) and underneath he is anything but a loser. To hear that word stings a lot. Just saying......

My son and his wife just got back together. I'm hoping this is just what he needs to stay sober. One never knows though. We get along but she had better not ever call him a loser again in my presence.

Just giving an opinion here....nothing personal.

Kari
Old 06-22-2009, 03:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i agree,do not open any more emails. he is probley lieing anyway. your old friend being on chat is what is called a "God wink". take your time & do not rush anything.take time out for you. hugs,
Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whereami View Post
:He says don't bother me anymore, I am dating, have girls chasing me left and right and am l-i-v-i-n life....he goes on to brag about the gulf coast and all the fun nights he has had under the moon blah blah blah...
This just makes me laugh - if someone really wanted you to leave them alone the last thing they would do is initiate a conversation. To throw in the stuff about girls just means he's trying to get you jealous.

I would have had to respond back "I'm really happy for you that things are going well and agree that we need to both move on." then i would initiate no more conversations or respond to any others.

I had a funny happen last week with my ex- he dissappeared completely and gave no child support for a year. Well he finally came up with some child support last month and while my daughter and i were out of town visiting my bf he was calling and stopped by the house to see her and drop off something of her's he had - he put it in the mailbox. the funny part is somehow i got on a list of being a new mother (no i'm NOT pregnant) but some company sent me a box of formula so when he put the note and item in the mailbox he saw a box of baby formula. He knows i'm seeing someone and now probably thinks i'm pregnant and i think its just hysterical - life's little practical jokes are sometimes funnier than we could ever come up with. He hasnt come by our house in a year and when he does he sees formula - even my daughter thought it was hysterical.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Sorry for the loser label was just frustrated with his neglect of responsibilities...
Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You did a great job. And isn't that the truth that when one door open - another one closes.

As I was going to through the texting with my guy yesterday - I got a text from someone asking me to call them in half an hour! mmmmmmmmmmm OKAY!

There is something to be said for H.A.L.T.

You are doing great!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I want to make a life for myself, meaning a social life, I just can't seem to get past the awkward stage of getting into new groups or finding new circles...has anyone been challanged with this?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes and No - have I been challenged with this.

I really enjoy certain bands - so I travel with groups of people whom I have met on the net (first) - and we gather/see shows together.

I enjoy djiembe drumming - so I joined a drum circle (which is no longer).

I make friend's with the parents of my children's friends.

I just recently found a site that I am going to use ...

Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

What are your interests whereami?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I love fishing, hiking, painting, music, shopping, writing, reading, cooking, and trying new things..