Notices

The cheap seats.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The cheap seats.

Ever went to a ball game and sat way up in the bleachers, I've done that many times. I used to say, "hey, this is where the fun is at, the real party, and the view is great....... btw, can you pass the binoculars?" The real reason I chose the cheap seats is because, unlike those in the front row, I had blown all my money at the bar while shooting pool, hanging out with the town drunks, listening to drinking songs on the ole jukebox, and when I was done, I couldn't afford a good ticket up front, so I'd buy a ticket for the cheap seats, again. All along, while watching the game, I'd blame my seat on not making enough money, not being privileged like those "other guys" you know, the ones who didn't go to the bar and blow all their money. I'd hide this feeling under the guise of "this is where the real party is, this is our place, we're not like those stuffed shirts down there behind home plate, we're the ones who know really know how to have a good time."

One of the problems with the cheap seats is that you always have the risk of a bird flying over and crapping on your head.

I'm saving my money for the front row next time. The view is much better.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Recovery gives me a box seat to life...
What a joy to actually see the players!

It's really easy to know the winners too.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Sit on the sidelines or get in the game?!

Whether it was a barstool, a crackhouse sofa, the floor of my living room, curled up in the closet, etc... it was always the same. Life continued to pass me by and there didn't seem to be a damn thing i could do about it! Addiction rendered me weak, helpless, and hopeless. i had forgotten how to participate in reality.

Acceptance & Surrender strengthens me, Faith gives me Courage, God gives me the game plan.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
Addiction rendered me weak, helpless, and hopeless.

Acceptance & surrender strengthens me, faith gives me courage, God gives me the game plan.
simply and powerfully put..
Old 06-21-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its game time
Old 06-21-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The company I used to work for always had a skybox with free food and drinks the entire game. It was so high you couldn't really see the game. I hated going cause I would torture myself trying not to drink too much and at the same time trying to get my share of the free booze.

At a year and a half in sobriety a sober friend invited to a game, he already had tickets. I wound up sitting right behind home plate and I could actually see the game! Kinda cool for first sober game!