Notices

7 Days and counting

Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 Days and counting

Well, its been seven days and this is the time where I always mess up. Actually its 10 to 14 days, I know one day at a time, but sometimes its one minute at a time. If there anyone out there with some advice or suggestions to get by these next couple of days to a week, I would love the help.

I have been trying to go to meetings everyday, but yesterday, I hit the pavement looking for a job. I havent had one in 6 1/2 months. By the time I got home, I made dinner, cleaned up the house, and I needed to give myself a full set of nails, for my job interviews today. I was exhausted, so I didnt go to my night meeting, so I was going to go this morning but, I slept through my alarm, so I'll go tonight. But whats bugging me is my husband b**ched at me for making excuses not to go. Its my soberity not his, why did I get so upset with him?

Anyways thanks for letting me rant. Have a great day, ya'll!!!!

1KitGer
Old 06-19-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there, and Congrats on your week! It IS hard, no doubt about it, but oh so worth it. For inspiration, maybe read your first post? I always find that sobering (pun intended)! Another activity that I have found helpful is keeping a journal. I know, I know, it sounds laborious (or at least I thought so), but NOW, if I'm feeling pi#$y or great or WHATEVER, I go scurrying to my journal. Every so often, I reread my entries and I can SEE the changes, which is empowering. My husband said to me recently "if something happens to you, the first thing I'm going to do is burn your journal! We laughed and laughed.

About your hubby...this is all new to him too and just as it will take you awhile to get used to sobriety, it will also require time for him. I know comments like that can feel hurtful (BELIEVE me, I know), but if I'm honest, they are understandable. In my case, if I'm honest, I'm not always sure WHAT I want my hubby to say. If he says "why aren't you going", I think "back off!", but if I DO go (or exhibit good, sober living skills) and he DOESN'T praise me, I think "humpf, he thinks this is EASY???!!".

In the end, we have to do this for ourselves. It's nice to have support and recognition for our efforts, but it all comes down us.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I sure hope your job situation smooths out soon....

HS gave you good advice...I totally agree with her.
Do keep posting....Well done on your new healthy sober life.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 week!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck with your job search.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Please keep sobriety your number one priority despite being out of work.
It'll be so much harder looking for a job if you pick up a drink.