Youngest daughter had court yesterday...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Youngest daughter had court yesterday...

Some of you may remember when I posted about my now 21 year old getting popped for a minor in possession a few weeks back out at a reservoir where there was a birthday party. Lots of underaged drinkers, the music too loud, park rangers were called, and many tickets were issued.

She's got to pay a $50 diversion fee, take an alcohol class that will cost her $100, and pay a $300 fine. I know the guy who gives the alcohol classes as they are at the substance abuse counseling center where I did a work assessment last year. He's a recovering alcoholic, and a really nice guy. I hope she gets something out of it, and if she doesn't, that's her choice.

Now that she's down to one job during the summer, this hit her pocketbook hard. I have zero sympathy. We have consequences for all our choices, some good, some bad.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I give you Gold Medal for Dettachment today
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
gosh Freedom.....hopefully this experience coupled with her all night drive of the porcelain bus not many nights ago will make a significant impact - that's a lotta consequences and i admire how well you've done at getting out of the way and letting her DEAL with them.
It's so refreshing to just let it go! No worries for me how she's going to get all of this paid, plus her car payments, insurance payments, gas in the car on the days she works, her 'necessities', not to mention her busy social life!

She had come directly to the hospital after court and they paged me to come up front. When she was done telling me about it, I told her I loved her, please get the zoo crew fed when she got home, and I went back to engrossing myself in chart analysis/assembly!

My counselor once told me he wished he could just bottle up that 'detachment' that I have and give it to some of his clients that keep hanging on. I told him I worked hard to get to where I am at!