Notices

One week today!!!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beating this demon for GOOD

One week today!!!

Of absolutely no drinking!! Yes, the thought has crossed my mind more than once, and I expect that this is normal and will continue to be in the days/weeks/months to come, but it is almost a relief knowing that this is normal and to expect these thoughts will come, but that I have the power to squish them when they do. And they are becoming more and more "fleeting" thoughts, not obsessive ones.

Wishing I could celebrate this with the group that I love love! However, my daughter is off from school for the school year and I don't think it appropriate at all to bring her with me to a meeting (she's a very precocious nine year old girl), even though several folks have told me it would be fine. I don't agree, it wouldn't be fair for all the others to be distracted by a child present and some likely wouldn't feel comfortable to share with such a situation. Plus I don't think it's an appropriate place for HER to be either. Instead, I'm going to call one of the wonderful women at this meeting and pass on the info of one week sober, and ask her to please relay that although I am not there today, I am doing just fine, and will be returning at least a couple of times per week once I get the plans laid out for child care. (These wonderful folks DO worry when they don't see us at meetings).

I also plan to call another wonderful lady who was kind enough to provide me her number to see if she might be willing to attend an area meeting this evening if possible. My daughter has her last softball game tonight, which I really want to attend, but I am free and want to hit a meeting after that. It would be great to go with someone that I already know and feel comfortable with, but even if schedules won't allow, I will still be going to one somewhere. Must keep up with my meetings!!!!! They are proving to be the MOST important part of this girl's recovery, handsdown!!!

Just wanted to share!! I'm feeling pretty happy and looking forward to this new way of life, living sober and enjoying every beautiful day, noticing the nature and all the beautiful things in life that I was previously too wasted to notice or appreciate. God is good. You are all wonderful!! God bless!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

congratulations!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Congratulations on your 1 week Sober NTS that is great!!!! You sound so positive.

Originally Posted by Newtosoberlivin View Post
Wishing I could celebrate this with the group that I love love! However, my daughter is off from school for the school year and I don't think it appropriate at all to bring her with me to a meeting (she's a very precocious nine year old girl), even though several folks have told me it would be fine.
There are a few kids at my meetings especially Sat morning where they bring something to play with and a snack and they do well. And some younger boys run around but the meeting goes on. Maybe give it a try. I always brought my son many years ago, and he was a devil, ha ha but no real problems.
Must keep up with my meetings!!!!! They are proving to be the MOST important part of this girl's recovery, handsdown!!!
Yeah I have to agree, my meetings are my lifeline right now. Very important to my recovery.

Just wanted to share!! I'm feeling pretty happy and looking forward to this new way of life, living sober and enjoying every beautiful day, noticing the nature and all the beautiful things in life that I was previously too wasted to notice or appreciate. God is good. You are all wonderful!! God bless!!!
You brought a smile to my face. Yes Sobriety rocks!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I definitely understand your stance on bringing your daughter. Kids are allowed at our meetings, but not in the main meeting room.

I've had to bring my daughter once, but luckily there are wonderful people there that I trust who were willing to keep an eye on her for me. I had brought her a bag with toys and snacks to keep her busy, and they simply played with her in the front room. Those people are such a blessing.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations
Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Thank you for staying sober one day at a time for 7 days!!