Notices

tommyk

Old 06-16-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beating this demon for GOOD

tommyk

Just listened to some of your uploads on youtube, you're really good!!!!

I also play acoustic and electric guitar!! I hope to get back to it during my recovery! I used to play my beloved acoustic all the time, but of course, when I couldn't read the tablature anymore (drunk) I stopped. I don't play my electric all too much, but I dabble sometimes (I like to jam on that more than actually play, it's a good way to get rid of stress and just goof around, always sounds good, even if I'm not really playing anything!!).

LOVE music!!!!

I have a number of tab books, among them Alice in Chains, Nirvana, some classic rock songs (Behind Blue Eyes, Barracuda, The Authority Song), Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica (which is actually easier to play than I originally thought, well, the slower songs, like Nothing Else Matters, etc. I would never venture to try One or For Whom the Bell Tolls, etc. until I had a lot more practice!! lol!!).

Just wanted to give a shout out and say well done!!! Music is a GREAT way to spend time and express yourself, I've always love it!!! Good job!!! And thanks for inspiring me to pull out and dust off my beloved acoustic, love that thing!!! Of course, it needs a major tuning first, it's been that long!!! (thank the Lord for electronic tuning machines, thanks to Daddy's Junky Music Store!!!).
Old 06-16-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thank you, I am truly honored.

You can get the tabs to most any song now on the internet.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Beating this demon for GOOD

you're quite welcome! Hey, there is a comment from an admirer on your "Old Man" upload...she thinks you sound really good and play well, and thinks you're "good looking" too! (wolf whistle!)....

Forgot to mention, (and TY by the way for the tip on internet tab, I was aware of that, but I cannot read the tab when it's listed in "chord" format. If it's not "numbered" on the frets, I don't know how to read it. Even then, because I am lefty and play lefty, I need to read numbered tab "backwards." lol!!)
Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Newtosoberlivin, I'm really glad you started this thread. I was just thinking that I wanted to PM Tommy to tell him how much I liked his YouTube vids. (Since I'm hoping and thinking that you might be reading this Tommy, I'll stop talking like you're not here).

Tommy, I love your videos.

There's something about them that's just so sincere, so real and so damn moving. Since I've only seen you around here on SR, I couldn't help but connect the emotional aspects of recovery to the emotion of the songs. Powerful stuff. Later I'll pretend that I didn't say this, but the first time I went through your videos, I cried. (Okay, I just went back to take another listen, and I got teary eyed again. Dude, I think you're messing with my PAWS.) Anyway, I think the simplicity of the way they've been put together also makes them feel a lot more authentic. The fact that you've got great taste in music helps too. Really great taste in music.

By the way, since I have no idea what most people from SR actually look like, being able to see you as a real person was really cool. We're real people. Who'd a thunk it.

I'm really glad you've shared this, my man. Love it. Really.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey Tommy...do you take requests?
Old 06-19-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can try...
Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

pretty good stuff tommy...
Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can someone send a link, so that i can view it?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Go to youtube and type in MEEKMUSIC in the search feature and you'll get several of his songs.

Really good songs, Tommy, they take me back. You do a helluva job.

Regards,

Donna
Old 06-20-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

YouTube - teekmusic's Channel

Thanks for all of the comments and positive motivation.