Notices

new and confused....

Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new and confused....

Im new here and i guess what im looking for is to see if this is where i should be. I dont want to attend to any meetings but am hoping that i can find someone that is able to understand where im coming from and can relate. By reading your forums, im guessing yes and have lots of questions about my problem.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

How bout you tell us a little more about you and your 'problem'?

Welcome.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI Andreaz1, WELCOME to SR!!! I am still a relatively new newbie..LOL but I hope you keep posting and asking away.....you are bound to find some answers and lots of wisdom behind alot of these posters posts...=) Look forward to hearing more about you.

~Jade
Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know I didn't want to go to meetings at all for awhile. This can be a safe place but I am not sure if it is really substitute for real life recovery relationships. I would say keep an open mind about what you will and won't do. Don't let your fear stop you from trying new things. And willingness to do what you need too is very important as well. Welcome to the journey and good luck.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR... So let's hear your questions, somebody here will surely be able to relate!

Mark
Old 06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well my biggest problem was that i would drink and i would want to smoke meth, i wouldnt have done meth if i wasnt drunk, i would get evil and destroy everyones items around me, not only was it expensive, but my two daughters saw most of it, I live with my fiancee who has been with me for four years now, and i have hit rock bottom with this problem, ive lost my job, police have been involved, ive pushed my daughter, ive done it all, and my very last episiode was two weeks ago where i drank and got evil and destroyed all my fiancee's brand new computer stuff worth over three thousand dollars, how bad is that
Old 06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andreaz1 View Post
well my biggest problem was that i would drink and i would want to smoke meth, i wouldnt have done meth if i wasnt drunk, i would get evil and destroy everyones items around me, not only was it expensive, but my two daughters saw most of it, I live with my fiancee who has been with me for four years now, and i have hit rock bottom with this problem, ive lost my job, police have been involved, ive pushed my daughter, ive done it all, and my very last episiode was two weeks ago where i drank and got evil and destroyed all my fiancee's brand new computer stuff worth over three thousand dollars, how bad is that

you have a great deal of acceptance and insight into your problems. And that stuff may seem bad to a normal person but I don't think you will find that it is very unique for people on here, not to me, been there.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've done worse, and I bet there are others here who could say the same.
Once you stop using, you may find these types of situations resolve themselves and stop completely.

I'm glad you found this place. Stick around, you'll find great people here and maybe some answers.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

what do you do when you look for reasons to fight just to give you an excuse to go drink
Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That is where recovery, as opposed to abstinence, comes in. Drug and alcohol addiction is a symptom.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by andreaz1 View Post
"I dont want to attend to any meetings..."

In my opinion you should focus on doing ALL of the things you DON'T WANT to do.

It appears as though your 'disease' is dictating what you want to do.

Go to some meetings, get help, or be prepared for a 'lower bottom' to get you there.

Keep coming back.