Notices

Living In Sobriety

Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Living In Sobriety

I am starting this thread so we can continue with each other on our journey of living in sobriety. Hopefully we can keep in touch and help each other along the way. There are many here on Sober Recovery who I enjoy chatting with each day, many times a day and I truly hope that all us friends can continue sharing our lifes with each other.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

zippity do dah!! look at ya Believe............

Any of the hum drum day to day stuff................anyone living sober. You will find us here chatting about just about anything. . Life has many up's and down's. We can share our experience, strength and hopes here and work together as we and work through some stuff together!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

BTW Believe you are doing a hell of a job on that attic of yours!! :ghug3
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Wow Nel I feel like I just moved on, a little sad though but change is good, right!! Heading out to meeting, be back later. Hugs to you and anyone else who might share with us.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

I figured i better check in. I didn't realize i haven't been on SR since June 2. I know Believe has been worried about me and PM me.

I'm doing fine. Still sober. Been very busy. My parents are in town from Texas so I've been on the go a lot since they got here. I've been to a lot of meetings too with a lot of mixed emotions with them here.

I'm really sad today. I'll be saying good-bye to them this afternoon. They go back home tomorrow. I'll write more latter.

Hugs to everyone.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

(((Scaredy))) So glad to see you back here. You were missed so much.

Well, I tried to get to my meeting, but bridge closed down for construction today, no meeting have to wait till 5:30. The girlfriend is still downstairs, damn wish she would get up. I think she's waiting for my son to come home for lunch.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for starting this thread, Donna. Sorry about the construction keeping you from your meeting - AND about the gf downstairs - that bites! She shouldn't be there if your son isn't home!

Barb, I'm glad you're back on SR - yes, you have been missed. I have mixed emotions around my parents too, but I don't think I could spend a lot of one-on-one time with them, much as I love them.

I am crabby today for no apparent reason. Short-tempered with myself. Well, I guess I know why. I can't seem to achieve a balance in recovery. I either sleep all day on the weekend, and achieve nothing, or go-go-go and feel frazzled. I've taken this 'Easy Does It' slogan to new heights, it would seem. At least I made it in to work. I may hit a meeting tonight, not sure. I made 3 on the weekend and spent time with friends in recovery so I am in good shape.

I forced myself to talk aloud to my HP this morning on my way in. I haven't done this in a while because it has been feeling fake. I'm tired of this yo-yo experience regarding my spirituality. Can anyone identify and/or share what works for them?

I'm really glad we have this thread. We can make it about US.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI Scaredykat!! nice to hear about your day.

Believe....Hp has other plans for ya!! bridge closed.....wonder what the are??
What time is it there now..........its 5.45 here
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Ro
Nel its 12:50pm here almost 1 in the afternoon. I will make meeting tonight. Might be doing that flip flop party too!! Got to talk to friend. Other plans, hopefully not the attic for awhile ha ha. Still didn't get bags outside yet.

Ro, It's been really hard lately with me talking to my HP, you know with all that's going on, but what I have been doing is praying for the ability to pray, if you can understand that. I am kind of acting as if.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Carol I'm not a newcomer
Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I bought a pair of flip flops today for one euro and fifty cent
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

You know what Ro, that's the reason I changed my avatar yesterday. Its called letting go & letting God. I have to let go and trust that he is there to catch me. I figured it I saw it each time I post then possible I would start trusting & believing right now.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

what does that equal in American money Nel?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Rowan my husband was on chemo for the last 6 months. He got the all clear about 3 week ago. The meaning of one day at a time became VERY REAL!! Regarding Hp sometimes I have to pray for the willingness to pray!! lol But I like to just "chat" in the car or walking the dog. I talk to mu Hp the way I talk to anyone else.....conversations like "whats this about now" or "can you give me a dig out here"but mostly "THANKS!" I am very grateful for my life and my sobreity also my husbands. Our home is a real miracle. We had the same length drinking together as sober time. Maybe a little more sober time now. So you now understand why son and dinner yesterday and all that jazz is a big deal for this pair of recovering alcoholics!!

OHHHHHH all that chat about me!!!!! I feel sooooooooooooo free!!! This thread could be dangerous!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Count me in. I'm happy today cause young roommate finally finally came over and took her stuff out of dk's room. I swept and mopped and am washing the sheets and blankets. I figure I've said good bye to the money she still owes me too, since she is very irresponsible and careless...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

what does that equal in American money Nel?
about 2.70 dollars
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Keep it coming Nel I'm happy to hear your hubby has been cleared YAY. I don't remember you talking about that, but then again you know how messed up my memory is, lol. So please tell me what the euro amt equals in USA money?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oops, sorry, patience is not a strong point of mine ha ha
Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Least, glad you're on board honey That's good roommate has gone, that's one less thing for you to get upset about.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

This is going to be a really good thread
Thanks Donna!

My claim to fame this morning?
Cleaning my porch furniture.
Hot soapy water with a splash of bleach
Zip! Zap! all shiney and white again.

An AA friend is coming over for late lunch
and fellwoship.....now we can eat outside...

My flowers are already lush and lovely.

It's another great day to be sober!

Last edited by CarolD; 06-15-2009 at 11:47 AM.