Notices

68 days, and I have to share this....

Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 68 days, and I have to share this....

I had an amazing day yesterday. I went with a group of fellow recovering addicts from NA and hiked up hill 1 mile to the top of a beautiful mountain next to a huge waterfall, and at the top we had a meeting. It was the most peaceful, spiritual experience I've ever had. A few of us decided to carry a small rock up to the top which represented a resentment, reservation or just something we were ready to let go of and let God or our higher power take to carry for us. And we left it up at the top of the mountain. All I can say is that it was a spiritual experience to be focusing on our recovery while in a beautiful nature setting. It was a day I'll never forget.

I just want to share this with as many people that I can. Its making such a difference in my recovery to have people close to me who I can relate to, and who truly care about me. And believe me I was not someone who had friends or cared for other people at all when I was using. Being in recovery is changing everything about who I am, and I'm enjoying it. And being in nature was an amazing experience all in itself. I just wanted to share that with whoever decides to read it.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hey....

Thanks.... i really enjoyed reading that.... i love nature but all too often forget to look around me.... especailly when things are bad....
I liked the idea with the rock....
I hope you have more beautiful experiences in your recovery...

Recovery was never meant to be a chore!!!!

Remember the beauty around you...

Thanks again.... it was good to read this today....

be well
louis
Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you very much for your share,,im early in recovery also and i too am seeing all the things i missed,,recovery is great eh???,,keep up the good work and carry on enjoying your sobriety.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey acer, if I'd had to let go of some resentments, it would have really been tough to join you cause I'd slow everone down while pushing my wheelbarrow, lol.

Sounds like a great outing and love the idea of letting the resentments go, something you've reminded me to work on. Thanks.