Notices

what do I do now?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what do I do now?

ok I started taking percocet for migraines and then it turned into something more.... well I am 59 hours from my last percocet so that is good but I still have the migraines and I have convinced myself that nothing else will work. What do I do? Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know what to tell you about the pain. I do know addiction just make life worse.

My prayers are with you.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. Just letting you know I have read your post and hope you can find the solution for you.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hmm....

Have you tried any of the more "hippy" kinda approaches

homeopathy, acupuncture etc.

maybe an option and atleast give it a try. your body is telling you something is wrong. and chemicals to fix it just masks it.

hope you find a healthy solution.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

I had over a year of recovery when my migraines began. I told my neurologist I didn't want any opiates or anything addictive and he got a huge grin on his face, and said "good...they do more harm than good, anyway". Of course, that's his opinion, but my migraines have been well controlled without any narcotics.

My suggestion is to talk to your doctor and be honest. A good doctor can not only help you with your migraines but with your addiction.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just learned of this technique recently, I would be interested in your results/thoughts.

Some other videos are on the main site, the videos are old & outdated but I have recently heard some interesting positive stories. You can do the tapping yourself with two fingers on each area (both left & right sides).... I know sounds weird... try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw5Q0...eature=related

EFT Videos: Get a solid feel of EFT's possibilities

I cant seem to get youtube videos to show up again ;-( \/

Old 06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

And, I have had migraines since my teen-age years. At that time, I used Tylenol 3 for awhile, but couldn't continue with it because it made me sick. It did stop the migraines though.

I have learned to pay close attention to the physical symptoms that happen before the migraine starts. I usually feel nauseous and see 'floaties'. For me, if I take Advil at that point, before the pain really begins to take hold, I can get by.