Notices

Tom Hanks Cast Away the movie

Old 06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tom Hanks Cast Away the movie

Im only 5 days sober, went thru the withdrawals, and am feeling 100% again, untempted to drink and strong.

The movie Groundhog Day seems to be mentioned a few times as an anology to the life of an Alcoholic on this site. Another movie that I feel is appropriate is Cast Away, particularly the scene at the end where Tom Hanks is at the crossroads hitching and doesnt know where he is going. Does anyone else relate to this? I feel accutely like this even when, no, particularly when i am sober. Would love to feel direction and I do not.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Eddie,

I would have to say the really cool thing about the crossroads you are at when you stop drinking is that every direction brings you to a better place. In my life, once I found the right road, there is no stopping me. Congrats on the 5 days BTW.

Chris
Old 06-09-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Eddie,
Welcome and congrats on the 5 days. Great to get going isn't it. Groundhog Day I can really relate to and I even used that analogy when I recently told my story. The great part is Groundhog Day went away when I stopped drinking.
Hang around and let us know how you are doing!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome to the site!!

The part I liked about Groundhog's day most was, Murray, became a better person as a result of repeating the same thing every day.

The part that stands out most is when, he tries to save the drunk every day to no avail

I only saw Cast away one time and can't draw any conclusions from this movie. The only thing I can say about that movie is, it's close to life as every where you go, there you are.

Many of us alcoholics are good at isolation. If, people, places or things would just leave us alone, everything would be great.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've heard so many people bash Cast Away but I absolutely loved it. Tom Hanks is an excellent actor.