stepdaughter getting out of treatment

Old 06-07-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face stepdaughter getting out of treatment

hi,
She is getting out of treatment in a couple weeks, me and my husband are going to visit her and her boyfriend( also in treatment). They have 3 babies who are in the custody of boyfriends parents as they were arrested for meth, and got treatment instead of prison. It is scary situation for me. My husband is an A who still drinks, but is functional (job). It is about 6 hours away. I am thinking maybe I shouldn't go but I am dying to see those grandbabies again. I just hope it is a safe situation. I need to start al-anon again but haven't been able to get myself to go though my self esteem is very low. Trying to stay positive and upbeat but it is hard. I will probably go but I am scared.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ruby, I can't imagine my grandkids being 6 hours away! That must be really hard with them being so far away!

Alanon has been a lifesaver for me, and you will feel so much better once you go. :ghug :ghug
Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Ruby,

I understand your fear, but please try to get yourself to Al Anon. It's been a lifesaver for me, also. And I tell my Al Anon friends that I can't really explain it, but my self esteem has improved GREATLY since going to meetings. That is just one of the wonderful perks of going to meetings and sticking with them. The trick is to stick with them, hang in there. The blessings WILL come.

I wish I lived close to you. I'd pick you up and take you to a meeting. But since I don't, give yourself a treat and go.

Encouraging hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 06-08-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my daughter got out of rehab is when I got myself to some face to face meetings. This forum has been a life saver to me but I needed to add additional support so that I could continue to keep the focus on me and let her work her own program. Sending hugs of support your way. I know how scary it can be to not know the future. Extra hard when they are innocent children involved. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-08-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((Ruby)) Go ahead and go if you want to see your stepdaughter and your grandkids! And as far Al-Anon....I went to a meeting this past Saturday after being away for a while. I realized how much I missed going and how much I received by going! You don't even need to talk, you can just listen....I learned alot by listening early on.

Hugs and prayers to you and your whole family, HG