Notices

Have a new room mate..

Old 06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Have a new room mate..

My cousins ex husband moved in with me and grams.
He was living with some girl that party's all the time and drinks all the time and treated him like crap. Spitting in his face and just real verbally abusive. He only stayed with her because he didnt have anywhere else to go.
Anyway..When I heard that the girl spit in his face and how he was beiing treated. I asked my grams what she thought about him staying here for awhile and he can pay us like $50 a week.
I told her to see what my cousin thought about that and if she would mind.
She isnt thrilled about it. Since she lives right on the next street and her mom lives right behind us. And we have always treated him like family even when they split. But she knows the situatuin and she isnt heartless. So she said ok as long as it isnt for a long time. And he has to look for his own place and the kids cant be over here all the time. They are anyway but whatever..LOL

He is a good guy and a very good father. And I know it will give him and my 2 lil cousins a chance to see each other more often in a safe enviroment. And a famliliar one too.
He does have a drinking habit at times. But he knows it isnt goin to go down here. So that will cut that off for the most part and thats a good thing.
Also it will teach me a whole lot of patience and selflessness.
I have always been an only child. So ..well I probably dont need to explain that. So now I am sharing space with someone and will have to be more tolerant of doing so.
It is a win win situation and I am just happy it could be done.
Anyway..Just wanted to share.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Trish))

I think that's cool you and grams are helping him out of a horrible living situation.

I hear you on the only child part...me too. It took a while to get used to living with Brit...a spoiled rotten teenager, but then at one point we also had my grown stepbrother and his girlfriend staying here. It was like "hey, love ya dearly, but you gotta GO!!"

This will be good for you, as well as him and the little ones. Not to mention it will help out a bit with the finances.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy