Just questions - about quacking

Old 08-26-2003, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Just questions - about quacking

I have a couple of questions so just thought I would ask. I have seen the word "quacking." What is quacking? All of it or a particular type of talking?
Old 08-26-2003, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

"Quacking" is the stuff that comes out of our A's mouth when they're trying to manipulate us, convince us they're not drinking or using, or trying to justify why they drink or use. After a while, it really does sound like a duck quacking! I'm sure you've heard it - "I only had a few beers." "I don't have a problem, I can stop when I want!" "I wouldn't drink at all if you didn't hassle me so much." "My check didn't come this week, I'll have to find out what happened to it!" That's quacking.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

new to me but alot on this site is new terminology to me. My first experiences with alcoholism, AA and Alanon were before the internet or chat rooms and I found this site one night filled with despair. I am so glad you are here. I need a kindred spirit to help find myself again and to gain strenght from because now that he's drinking again(after 13 years and 3 months) I feel as lost if not more so than I did before.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

ML22, I'm so glad you found our site. Welcome!

You are not alone and this site is filled with kindred spirits. You keep coming here and sharing with us. And if you haven't been going to alanon meetings, try to find some. This is about finding and keeping your peace and serenity, no matter what your husband chooses to do.

Take care and hugs,
JG