Calling all Codies!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Calling all Codies!

I think it's time to warm up that codie bus, and take a vacation. Maybe the beach with some warm sun, hot cabana boys and soothing suntan oils.

I've been reading and realized that we need a gental reminder to step back, take a deep breath, put all our problems aside for a day, and just do something nice and fun just for US.

Leave some dog/cat food and water for the pets, a note on the fridge with instructions on how to use the microwave for the other people in the house, throw a towel on your shoulder and walk right out that door.

Who's driving?

Confess, confess. When was the last time you did something just for you? Something fun maybe even decadent? Who has the chocolate?

B
Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 06-06-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ZOOM, ZOOM ZOOM........... HA, I found the keys. You codies thought you knew all the tricks of hiding things, but I found them. Maybe if I just take a little joy ride around the block.........
Old 06-06-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My husband is working 150 miles from here and my last day of work for this school year is next Tuesday. Now I do plan on spending time with him this summer but if my daughter continues to make drama with her boyfriend, I may just pack up the dogs and spend the summer with hubby. I may not be able to stop her mess, but I can stop mine Hugs, Marle
Old 06-06-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hmmmm. Marle is really considering conjugal visits with hubby. You go girl, don't even give it two thoughts, just do it. (Hee Hee More cabana boys for me.)

The only thing better Marle, is arrange for a dog sitter for a night and suprise Mr. Marle with a bubble bath. I'm bad, I know. But really, consider it. ( -:

B
Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Load up Teggie - you can be in charge of the radio. At least until Ann or someone catches us, we can do what ever we want.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Last weekend I went to Baltimore to go play with friends. This afternoon I'm making the drive to a park in KY to see a lunar rainbow tonight. I've invited my husband and daughter to go with me, but don't know if they will. I'm going anyway and will pick up hitchhikers with SR on their signs
Old 06-06-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll take a trip on the codie bus, if anyone has some tolrance for my anxiety attacks that seem to come with travel...

I was thinking about that yesterday, that I have to work on MY anxiety, so that I can travel, and I can start having my OWN fun, ON MY OWN....... and I want to TRAVEL!!
I think a beach trip would be great right now.

BUT in the meantime, (while pondering what I'm doing for ME) - outside of school, and work related stuff, and I took the day for ME! I decided to take some time to 'get ready for work for a change....

Here's what I did.

1.) I made a commitment to myself to start working on 'short trips' of travel.

2.) made a commitment to ME to cut down on my smokeing and quit within a month.

3.) cut out sugar from my diet- (drinking coffee right now with no sugar, yuck)

4.) eat healthy- (I used to be great at that one)

5.) get adequate sleep

6.) THEN I got a box of hair dye, and dyed my blone hair a pretty lighter shade of beachy light blonde..... it came out great.

7.) I painted my nails

8.) I took my time 'doing' my hair and getting dressed

9.) I woke up late today, and didn't freak out about the mess my kids made after the Dave Matthews concert last night....... I'm hanging out in bed while I ALLOW THEM to clean it up.

10.) I'm working on relaxing.................

Whew.
That's alot of work!! BUT it's takeing care of CESSY!

Old 06-06-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo, welcome aboard Chino and Cessy.

I've never seen a lunar rainbow Chino. That would be awesome. The cabana boys will just have to get over us leaving in time to see that. Those hitch hikers will all have "a look" about them you know, and the first thing they will try to do when you pick them up will be to "help" you find your way. ( -:

WOW Cessy. We need to put you in charge of the itenerary. You're good. Don't try to do too much at once though, baby steps. And just a hint, if you try to toss out the sugar on this bus, some of the girls may tackle you. LOL pass the bon bons please.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frankly View Post
And just a hint, if you try to toss out the sugar on this bus, some of the girls may tackle you. LOL pass the bon bons please.
LOL...... I'll gladly bring the fun sugary items for ya all...........

I used to have a private joke with my daughter, anytime she was sad, I'd tell her, "chocolate makes it all better"!!! and I'd bring homemade chocolate covered strawberries into her bedroom......

She's 20 now, and I still make them for her! I'll whip up a batch for you all....
Old 06-06-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

dang, I'm alergic to strawberries, makes my lips swell up like watermellons, can you make me some chocolate covered cherries, the ones with the clear center? Yum Yum
Old 06-06-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frankly View Post
dang, I'm alergic to strawberries, makes my lips swell up like watermellons, can you make me some chocolate covered cherries, the ones with the clear center? Yum Yum
alrighty then, I'll do my second most loved dish in the house......

Homemade cheesecake....... it takes about 24 hrs to make, (overnight in the oven) its thick and rich, ny style cheesecake.

Dont tell me your lactose intolerant now......
Old 06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OHHHHH, man, cheesecake is my favorite. Someone else will have to drive, I'm going to be busy. Just the thought of it makes my mouth water.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh heck, I got distracted, who's driving the bus? Man, if I wreck this thing, Ann will have steel toed bunny slippers on her feet and a frying pan in her hand. And all of you know she's heard every excuse in the world, I want get the first quack out of my mouth before she takes those keys away, better pay attention. I swear, that cheesecake is whispering to me, gotta concentrate on driving though.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm ready for any place that has a beach!!! Oh....I snuck the SR credit card in my beach bag, just in case we need some fine dining and snacks later.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I didn't even get into trouble for going on a joy ride or almost crashing the bus. And I was even trying to get caught subconsciously ya know.

P.S. my avatar is Jordan - OOOOH grandma's gonna get in trouble........
Old 06-06-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

As long as I don't have to wear a bathing suit in public....count me in!

I've got enough sunscreen for everyone!!!!

HG
Old 06-07-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
Last weekend I went to Baltimore

Chino, I sure wish you would have stopped by, I'm only 30 minutes north of Balto.

By the Grace of God & my MIL (mil is paying our way).....Mr Serenity & I will be leaving for a trip to Mexico on 6/15............yay sunshine....yay cabana boys....yay NO phone. And what a wonderful b/d present for me (b/d the 12th)

Chris

Last edited by Serenity Bound; 06-07-2009 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

((Serenity))

You deserve that! Oh, you better bring us back souveniers! AND pictures.

And Happy Pre-Birthday!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yay, Chris! Happy Birthday early and have a fantabulous time!!!!

HG