Notices

Sticking around for a while.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Sticking around for a while.

Hello.
Well. Yes it's me again. After a long rethink, I have decided to stick it out a while (whether that 'while' be a couple of days or much longer)- in this group/on the Boards.
I was somewhat taken aback by the response that I received after I left the message/post 'Seeya'.. I didn't expect that kind of response, or rather, that many people to respond, even people who I hadn't talked to/seen in chat/seen post on the boards....
Ok all I can say is this (I was going to write a much longer post, but it's late and I'm beyond caring). Yes, I'll stay for a while. Hopefully I'll gain some new friends as well as caring support..... which is all that I came here for in the first place.
All that I ask is this. If you want to have a go at me for absolutely any reason, than feel free to do so. But do not expect me to just sit back and take it. Because we all deserve respect, some more than others, whther we like it or not. I'll respect you if you respect me. Just know where I'm coming from before you tear into me.
Thanks to those who have given me support and care. Know that I'll return it in kind.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Speaking for myself, and probably for most people here, your best interests are the goal.

I believe you will find OVERWHELMING support here.

Welcome back.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you decided to stay!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I don't know at what point you felt hostility, but I mostly post/read in Newcomers - maybe I missed something. I'm glad too that you decided to give it another shot.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am glad you decided to stay.
I just want to add that alot of times when you think those responses are boing rude or harsh. It does seem to come off like that.
Trust me. I had more confrontations when I first joined I am surprised I wasnt banned.
But I have learned in my 2 yrs here that most of them were just people that have been down the same road and they are not goin to sugar coat anything. Because they know its serious. All they are realying is the absolute truth.
I am not sayin they are always right. But I believe thats the intentions.
And your right ..Not everyone needs that strait forward appraoch. Some just need a gentler touch. And I do know there is a way to get the point and truth across in a more nurturing way.
Just stick with the ones you fell comfortable with.
This is about your recovery not a popularity contest.
Stick around. You will see what I mean.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you made a wise and well considered decision Eog.

You may not like every post but 99.99% of the posts I've read here for over 2 years have been written with support in mind.

If you really can't see any value in a post? My advice is ignore it and move on.

and yeah everyone deserves respect.

D
Old 06-06-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am glad you came back mate.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Glad you decided to stay. As they say in the rooms, take what you need and leave the rest. Hopefully that's what you will do.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm happy you decided to stick around, too! My advice would be to not get into a pissin' match with anyone. If someone is disrespectful to you, there is an ignore feature you can utilize. It's really not worth your serenity to let someone get to you.

Anyway...glad you stayed!!
Old 06-06-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you! Glad you decided to stay. There's all kinds of people here just like in the real world, just be true to Yourself.

Judy
Old 06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

glad you decided to stick around
Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm also very glad that you decided to stay.

We really do understand how difficult this is, and there is a lot of support here.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Remember you can't hear the tone in our voices either. I know sometimes when I'm writing it's a total goofy voice, joking, yadda, yadda, yadda...........no harm what so ever.

I think any response you're going to get on here is well intended. I read some posts too that I think are a little on the harsh side but sometimes (I'll say it again), it's better to just let it go.

Glad you're staying.