Notices

the world behind my house today

Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the world behind my house today

im standing at my back door......man it is hot for the uk.
My thermo is reading 84f......and beautiful blue skys.

ive just finish some re-design of the back half of my garden.....new raised beds etc..

the rabbit is hiding under a shrub because it is so hot......but i also have 3 tortoise which are in their element and eating all the weeds for me.

i cant get in the kitchen because all the five dogs are laid out on the coool tiles.....and snoozing away.....they know there is a chicken in the fridge so they wont sleep very deeply...lol.........waiting for the wife to get back from an errand.

i have butterflies and bubble bees zooming around the garden and a robin has been waiting for me to dig up the worms..............sometimes he sits on the spade handle if i go off for a bit.

Most of the shrubs are flowering....and it smells beautiful here.

I have a huge oak tree right at the end and ive just dragged a chair under it.
Man its lovely and cool under there.
great place to reflect on the last few days or so...
To feel that closeness to god that has been distant for a while.
And to say.......some of you were right.........it did pass.......and life is perfect.......now at this moment..

God directed me to a newcomer on friday.......he has my number and is gonna ring..........god give him the strength to do so........soon.

So im sharing a little of my world and gratitude........for all of it.

tell me about the world behind your house.........or just some good stuff on how your day is going.........id be interested.

god go with you all......................shaun
Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks for sharing your bit of serenity and gratitude Shaun. I needed that right now. My sponsee just called she picked up last night. I woke up with so much gratitude, birds chirping, sun shinning, a little breeze, beautiful day. Haven't been in yard this morning. This disease is a real killer, I'm glad my sponsee is getting to a meeting today and that she did not drink this morning. Today I will be grateful I am sober and again thanks for giving me back my serenity with your post. Be safe my friend.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

okay -

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-hood.html

*Prayers for Believe's sponsee*
Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trucker - your house sounds like a GREAT place to be right now.

Noticing and appreciating the simple things in life is priceless.

Your post truly reminds me of what recovery can bring.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Yep. You've got a corner in paradise, trucker. Why does it take so much for us to realize that?!

Thanks for the Sunday morning Brightner!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is a GREAT post Trucker. Everyone should "stop and smell the coffee" & reflect on how LUCKY THEY ARE to be alive & clean & sober & notice how beautiful the little things in life can be...........
Old 05-31-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ahhhh!!!!!!

just came in from my back yard....you know i jus moved here in february...

It took alot of things for me to finally move to a house that feels like home to me and when i bought it i had no idea it would mean so much to me. I live in a town of 40K and my house is in the middle of town. BUT.... and it's a big one...

coming home is like enteringa magic place..like in the lion the witch and the wardrobe when you go in the wardrobe and come out in narnia!

YOu turn into a place that looks like the enterance to a storage unit place..it's right off one of the main hyways through town...you go on through the units and come out the back side on a winding dirt road. there are woods on either side and walking paths...as you go up the hill you come to a drive and turn...there are about 6 houses on the road and woods are everywhere. My back yard sits on the woods and across the street is the entry to the walking trails.

Its like my own peice of country in town. So far i have seen a deer 2 houses down, a fox in my back yard and a racoon crossing the dirt road one night.

my house has lots of windows and the rooms are large and airy...the downstairs is a masterpiece of tile and we are working on the upstairs...it has a nice big kitchen which i missed for years in the old house where it ws just a hallway with appliances...i have a kitchen table now and 2 fridges

Its not the stuff..its that it feels like home...a sanctuary.

I'll post a pic of my shed in a momnet.

thanks for making me reembmer my gratitude!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My shed is a man magnet i have to beat them off with sticks...

Oh yeah and here is one of the pictures in my guest bedroom...i love it!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post Trucker. It is the simple things in life that matter so much. Listening to the birds, watching my dogs play and go through their same routine each morning; exploring their back yard. The flowerers, trees and vegetable garden along with the smells of early summer are some of my daily pleasures.
Thank you Lord for another sober day, I am eternally greatful.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ahhh... Sunday... today was my day to connect with the earth, nothing like getting in touch with mother nature to bring me back to the here and now and enjoy the moment and the fruits of my labor.

I just came back inside from working in the front garden... I've been tending the herb garden and working on adding sunny spots of color throughout. Today, I planted 3 more gerbera daisy's... when fully opened they nod and smile at me which makes me nod and smile back. Some areas needed cleaning up, some plants needed pruning and some needed a better location and so I've dug them up and have replanted them to more suitable spots. This is the season for lots of growth and everyone is doing so well! My lavenders are starting to bloom, the lamb's ears are in full bloom and attracting bees and butterflies. Rosemary is taking over and needs to be trimmed, maybe I can make a fragrant rosemary wreath with the trimmings... Echinacea plants are coming up nicely, can't wait for the flowers to appear! The miniature gardenia is getting ready to burst into bloom, she lives near my entry door and her perfume permeates the air as I walk in or out of the house. The hummingbird feeder has been filled with homemade nectar and the cute little fella must be thirsty, he's been coming by regularly to feed. The birds are singing, I've heard a woodpecker nearby, along with robins, cardinals and carolina wrens all busily engaged in their late morning activities. And during all the time I've been out, White Cat has been supervising all my activities to make sure it's all being done to her liking... I'm sweaty and dirty and feeling peaceful. It's a little oasis, my little garden, helps bring me back to the here and now and appreciate what mother nature offers me every single moment if I take the time to get out of my head and see what's right there in front of me. Thanks for this lovely thread.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thankyou..........you guys and girls have some great wildlife.

humming birds!!!!......wow and deer in your garden.......wicked.

i just love all this stuff..........and im a keen gardener and and love the countryside.

Do you have badgers?............i get lots in my garden at night and squirrels.
the dear dont come anywhere near this house.........too many dogs.

And ananda...........that is one sexy shed...
Old 05-31-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Very nice share, thank-you.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Trucker. Well mate even though I'm in the same country as you I kind of see things a bit differnt- not because of where we live (in a flat in a very rough area, with some plants out the front)- but because of errrrr... well just the way I look at things/life today after going through someting traumatic. I love the countryside/wildlife, always have done and always will, but it's kind of hard to explain. I think that if you had suffered major depression (not saying you have or haven't)- then you might be able to understand somewhat of what I'm trying to convey. You are one 'lucky' bloke- I would love to have a garden to tend to like yours or ananda's.. I've been told I have green fingers, my Dad (passed away 2 year ago from skin cancer)- was a gardener.
I would really love to have that kind of garden...which is odd, after what I was saying at first?! I guess I get my words mixed up. Legacy of lower brain cells from the demon?
I also have a faith of sorts- used to way way bigger, but after the trauma it hit me like a ton of bricks and sverely dented my faith. So I still believe, but it's a flickering flame rather than a roaring fire that used to be. Yes we all choose our own path/s, we all choose whether to take a drink or not, but it's just getting back that that I have lost.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
6/20/08

eogh.....to me (and me only) truckers post shows me what I have now. And what I don't want to lose...and how easy it is to lose it. So we need to celebrate it. A lot.

You can get it back. How bad do you want it? Welcome to SR, btw.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am trying to get outside and work but my brains working isnt and tired and lethargic am i.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Do you have badgers?............

oh my, yes.

Wolverines, bears, mountain lions, wolves, moose...ferrets, gophers groundhogs...

buffalo....

no giraffes tho.

I just tried to find ya a pick of the Highland Mountain Range that's just south of Butte about 15 miles. Can't find one - any how wouldn't know how to link it to ya on here .... being a computer 'rainman' type.

You can't live here and not know there's Something Greater than Ourselves.

i'm jealous of the herb garden, tho.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you, trucker. Two summers ago I would not have been interested in: Chipmunk family in backyard, deer feeding in front yard at dusk, fox, big fat rabbits, huge variety of birds.....oh, and there's the black snake and all the bugs, but that's ok too. I was far too numb to care about such things in the past. Thanks for the reminder.