Update on son

Old 05-30-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on son

Hi All, well haven't been here for a while so thought I'd bring you all up to speed (oops, hate that word) on what's happening with the son.

As you know, he was paroled on October 27th and was living with us for a short while!! I mean short 'cause although it started out ok, I could see he wasn't doing what he should have been doing. I did have really high hopes 'cause he got a job right away, but didn't last long for one reason or another.

He started with the attitude and that's when his PO just happened to stop by and I told the PO I had bad feelings about what he was doing. The PO obviously put the fear of God in him 'cause since that time, he's been doing great!

He has a new PO now and how lucky can you get, two really nice guys in a row!

He hasn't found steady work yet, although he has applied to many places. He did turn one down, not because he wanted to, but because the gal he is living with said "no'! Why? Well, it was, swear to God, a job as a cook at a nudist colony up here!! OMG! I laughed so much.

Got another job with a lady that was desperate for someone to bring her house up to code. Said he would do the job for $12.00 a hour, which he normally gets 25.00, but times are so bad he'll take anything. She had about 3,000 worth of work and was so concerned he wouldn't show up. Mr. Dev actually was the one who recommended him.

He was to start yesterday, but she called as he was driving there and told him to start today instead. He was bummed but it was ok. Bright and early this morning, he stopped by to pick up some tools, went to the job, and the darn lady either wasn't home or wasn't answering the phone or door!

Mr. Dev said he was sorry he had put him through all this. Son replied, "no problem, look how much I put you through, pay back's a killer!"

Anyway, just want to tell you all that he is on the right path, looks great is fun to be with, has his old personality back, makes me laugh all the time.

So there you have it. It has been 7 months now and still too soon to celebrate, but it's a great start. He has been going and doing fun things with the new gf, who he is living with, and it's nice to see him enjoying good, clean, fun.

The girl is as tall as he is probably 6'1" and is heavy, but she is the best thing that has ever happened to him. She has a 10 year old boy who was getting a bit out of control, but son has got him back on track! Can you believe that? Demands that he respect his mother and all adults too! hmmm?

Hopefully I'll be able to report more good progress as time goes on.

Just goes to show you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, so keep the faith!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so glad to know that things are going well. I know what a relief that can be for us mothers.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

So happy to hear that you have your son back.
It takes what it takes.
That you have fun,laughter and a relationship now instead of fear, worry and misery is truly a blessing.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

great share dev! Very happy for you, your husband, and your son.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh dev, that is so good. there has been a few good stories on here the last few days & it makes myu heart smile. i hope he continues to do good. i know what your boys has put you two thu. take care of you & keep in touch. it is always good to hear from you. hugs & prayers,
Old 05-30-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey there ((((Dev))))

So glad to hear your son is living a good life. You have been thru so much I know your heart must feel better too.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, it was, swear to God, a job as a cook at a nudist colony up here!!
And the GF's problem was....??

Another classic story for the Dev Codie Chronicles!!

I really am glad he's doing well, Dev and that you are enjoying laughter with him again.

It's always a special treat when you can pop in for a visit.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sounds like your boy has found his miracle, Dev. I just knew that one day he'd be fine and walk a better path.

Now please don't tell me the renowned chef Mr. Dev is hanging out a nudist camps?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Ann

No, Mr. Dev isn't hanging out at the local nudist camp, but when John told me about that job I turned to Mr. Dev and said, "do you believe John is going for a job as a cook at a nudist camp!" Mr. Dev said, ask him if they need a chef!!

Where did I go wrong, Ann?

Hugs, Dev
Old 05-31-2009, 02:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Friend & Supporters

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and hope for the future.

As I said before, this is just a small step in the right direction and I don't want to get too excited, but whatever his destiny may be there isn't anything I can do to change that.

I'll just keep on praying for him and all of our children, husbands, boyfriends, that have been caught up in addiction.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-31-2009, 02:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Greeteachday

Now that I think about it, I have no idea what the gf's problem was. HMMMM? Some people just look for problems don't they? LOL

Hugs, Dev