Notices

I feel like crying......

Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like crying......

I cant go more than 2 days. And even if I have just one drink a day, its only a matter time before one turns into like 15 and I get trashed and act like an a$$hole, Im hurting my husband and my self. I want to do right by him, I want it with all my heart but when I start drinking I turn into a totally different person. Mean Nasty and disrespectful. I cant do this anymore, I dont know how to fix this. I want to go to rehab but I am the sole income for my family right now. I have a good paying job and I cant give it up. I need help and I dont know what to do. Im only 26, if iI keep this up, I will be very short lived. I love my kids and my husband dearly, I just feel like breaking down and giving up.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

Originally Posted by Norris View Post
I cant go more than 2 days. And even if I have just one drink a day, its only a matter time before one turns into like 15 and I get trashed and act like an a$$hole, Im hurting my husband and my self. I want to do right by him, I want it with all my heart but when I start drinking I turn into a totally different person. Mean Nasty and disrespectful. I cant do this anymore, I dont know how to fix this. I want to go to rehab but I am the sole income for my family right now. I have a good paying job and I cant give it up. I need help and I dont know what to do. Im only 26, if iI keep this up, I will be very short lived. I love my kids and my husband dearly, I just feel like breaking down and giving up.
Sounds like you should stop drinking before you destroy what's left of your life.

YES.. GIVE UP! the liquor.. the rest will follow.

Get to a doc, see what he or she says about it, not everyone has an option for rehab, but honestly.. it's your LIFE, your MARRIAGE.. it's important. We don't really recover until we are willing to do anything to get and stay sober... but I worry because you don't sound like you're done drinking.

I hope you get there.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi, Norris.

Welcome to SR.
Almost everyone on this site knows exactly how you're feeling right now.
I hope you'll take the time to think about something.

You are not alone.

There is no one person on this site who could get and stay sober on their own. If they could, they wouldn't be here. SR is a place where we come together and talk about our problems with substances whether it be drugs or alcohol. We're a real live 'community' of people who support each other in the recovery process.

I know a place where people have gotten sober,
and remained sober... and it doesn't cost a DIME.
And I GUARANTEE there's one close to you.

It's free - and it's right in the front of the phone book.

Alcoholics Anonymous has saved thousands of lives.
It saved me.
I hope you'll give them a call - they're the most informed people around you right now who have experience, strength, and hope ... what we all most need when we forswt get sober.

Please read the stickies at the top of the Alcoholism forum. Theres a TON of info there that can help you get started.

Againg - thank you for being here.

Welcome to SR.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Norris
You should be extremely proud of yourself for trying to do something about this now. Barbs post says it all. Until I broke down and gave AA a chance I was unable to stop and I tried for more years than I should have to do it without help.
Whatever you choose life IS better without alcohol and I wish you all the best.
Steve
Old 05-30-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Only 10 days ago, I was in your shoes. Sick on a daily basis, missing work, all the rest.

Today,.........well read my thread.

Today, the world is "right"
Old 05-30-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR Norris! Can you talk to your doctor about wanting to stop drinking? Maybe your doctor could prescribe something to get you thru the first few days of not drinking. The horrible anxiety the first few days of being sober often led me back to drinking. When I had medical help in detoxing I did better.

Keep coming back here. REad and post and ask questions. We're here to support you in your effort to stay sober!:ghug3
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not for nothin', but I would have saved myself a lot of heartache if I had been smart enough to quit at 26 instead of letting it progress until I was 40.

Good luck to you. Just do the right thing today.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i don't know what to say except that I can relate to your pain and fear of getting help because it could cause harm to your job. If you are at a large company that should not be a problem. even a small company it may not be a problem. when I first got sober i WORKED FOR A SMALL COMPANY AND I JUST STARTED GOING TO MEEtings after work everyday and stayed sober.

if you are like me then You have feelings inside of you that are uncomfortable that you are running from, or that you are covering up with the booze. when we stop drinking the feelings surface, they feel uncomfortable and we instantly want to go back to the drink. so you have to find some tools to help you get from the initial stop to the eventual being a "non-drinker".

hang in there and follow your heart
Old 05-30-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I was a crying drunk. Alcohol made me depressed

Call that AA number and ask for assistance.
It's free....a good place to find answers.

Ask your doctor about de toxing. That is usually
4 days The Salvation Army runs free de tox
centers in many areas.

I did not go to a rehab ...AA was and is my solution
for living sober.....

Blessings to you and your family
Old 05-30-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Norris, welcome to our family - I hope you stay. Do not give up on yourself - you can do this thing. We've all been there - and as for me, I would never have attempted to quit at your age! I tried to manage it for 25 yrs., leaving a path of destruction behind me. You never have to do that - you can lay down the poison and never go back. In the beginning, it's so hard to see the progress - after a day or two I asked myself why I had quit - I was more miserable than ever. Time has to pass before you begin to come out into the sun once again, but it will happen. Let us know how you're doing.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Welcome Norris.

Most of us have felt like that..........................

Have the belief that there is another answer, people can stop drinking and lead a normal life again.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Norris,

I cried and was a mess too, when I drank. Please know that there is hope and you can live a sober life.

Talk to your dr and stay sober today. Do this for yourself!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome and keep coming back!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Norris, I'll just jump on the bandwagon here and suggest that you try AA. It's saved a lot of lives over the years, mine included. But be careful about stopping drinking, You ought to do it under medical supervision as withdrawal can be very dangerous. See your doctor and tell him or her what's going on. You may need to go through a short detox program. And never give up, help is available. You just need to go out and get it.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

there's already some great advice here so I won't add to it
welcome Norris

D
Old 05-30-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you....

i was so glad to see people actually respond, I need someone to talk to other than my husband... he is a great man and has been more than patient. I am ready to stop, its so hard when everyone around me doesnt take me seriously. i wanna know more about the steps and help.....i was actually going to set up an appt with a dr next week...what do I tell them? That I am an alcoholic?

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
Sounds like you should stop drinking before you destroy what's left of your life.

YES.. GIVE UP! the liquor.. the rest will follow.

Get to a doc, see what he or she says about it, not everyone has an option for rehab, but honestly.. it's your LIFE, your MARRIAGE.. it's important. We don't really recover until we are willing to do anything to get and stay sober... but I worry because you don't sound like you're done drinking.

I hope you get there.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Norris -

Great to see you back again today!

Yes - if you can get in to see your own doc.. if you're lucky enough to have one - call and make the appt ASAP - most docs will make room if you tell them straight up what's going on.

I can't encourage enough that you come completely clean with that doc.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone, this is one of the first times I have cried from relief and not guilt. I want this more than anything, my family deserves the good side of me. I have looked into AA, I guess looking doesnt do much tho, eh? Im worried and scared , but actually kind of excited. I dont want to end up like my parents, divorced and still drunk...my 18 and 13 year old brothers have been drinking I have found out and following the same wretched path.......I want to be a good mother and wife and a better example for those who observe me wether I know it or not. Thank you all for your encouraging words and support, I really need it!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Norris.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

We are here to give you support! just do it for today and see how it feels! Your tomorrow will be alot better.