udate on "little girl"

Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

udate on "little girl"

Well, I discussed child support with my daughter, as I have guardianship of her 2 girls. She has no problem paying something but does nto want me to go thru the court system in collecting from her, only the father. Her reason? if she gets behind it will go into arrears and she could go back to court. Then the corker "will I ever have the youngest living with me" I said thats her choice and she has to be able to care for her (at which time she is not able to do, lives in a rooming house and barely makes enough to take care of herself) Next...."well I'm thinking like in 5 yrs from now" OMG! what does she think?? Livi can just be put on a shelf until mom thinks she,s ready?? Her new guy is a convicted felon that just got out of prison last year for drugs.How does she ever feel she will be ready in 5 yrs or for that matter 1 year? It still is all about her and whatever she wants to do. I know the rooming house is just an address for her P.O. She pretty much stays at her new "friends" apt. but that would not fly with her P.O. Thanks for listening (again,again and again) Love ya
Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I firmly believe that child support should be set up through the court system. Thank God I did with both of my daughters. My oldest daughter's father did pay his support faithfully, and I am grateful for that.

My youngest daughter's father was a slacker, and I am so glad I had the courts to back me up and go after the money.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do it through the court system. I don't know how it is in WI, but here in IL you can have unemployment, tax refunds, etc. garnished if she is behind and she can have her driver's license and other professional licenses (teaching, nursing, etc) revoked as well. In IL the state pursues all of this for free but you gotta work with them.

A verbal agreement is what they call a "piecrust promise" - easily made and easily broken, especially from those still using or hanging around with users.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Optimist

I have no experience with it, but fo rthe sake of the welfare of the girls, I'd go through the courts. Those poor girls are in my thoughts...

Daisy
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please go thru the court system if you want her and dad to pay support. I know she is your daughter but it doesn't sound like she is anywhere near being able to take care of her children. If you set something up with her and it falls thru well..... just save yourself some anger resentment etc. Here in Ohio if you get any type of assistance from the state for the children, you are required to give the absent parent(s) information and they set up child support if they can.

My ex is still paying back support and my daughter is 24 years old! He pays me 129.00 a month and is down to about $12 grand now.

Gotahavfaith
Old 05-29-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, I know for sure I will now go through the court system. My hasband and I did not go through s.s. for guardianship as I did it with a lawyer. So all financial responsibilties comes out of our pocket for the girls and we provide the insurance for them. I have to put in long hours in the shop to be able to provide for them, I feel it's now time for mom and dad to take responsibility and not just be convenient parents.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Katie,
Not sure if you know me, but as to my history, my oldest AS is in prison for a 2 year mandatory sentence.

His GF, (who I adore...AND the mother of my grandson...age 3 months) has filed for child support. She hasn't any choice. If she doesn't file, she will not be able to receive public assistance for the baby. As of now, she gets free formula, and coupons towards diapers.

They have told her he will send her $10 from prison each month.
He is unaware of this...as of YET.

AND I totally agree. He planted the seed, he should tend his crops. doncha think?

Hugs and hugs,
from one Granny to another.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katie53 View Post
Thanks, I know for sure I will now go through the court system. My hasband and I did not go through s.s. for guardianship as I did it with a lawyer. So all financial responsibilties comes out of our pocket for the girls and we provide the insurance for them. I have to put in long hours in the shop to be able to provide for them, I feel it's now time for mom and dad to take responsibility and not just be convenient parents.

Good for you! Thsoe girls are so blessed to have grandma and grandpa taking such good care of them! :ghug :ghug