Scratchy Voice.....

Old 05-27-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scratchy Voice.....

Just wondering and it has been in the back of my mind for sometime, did any of your addicts have a real scatchy, hoarse voice. Mine exah voice went this way....was it from smoking so much crack.

Rose
Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes mine had a scratchy voice too from smoking too much crack. That's one way I know for sure - the scratchy voice.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My addicted friends voice always got that way when she was on heroin. But she shot up. I think it might have to do with the relaxed state they are in, kind like when your really tired you get kind scratchy voice because you just too tired to put the effort into talking so it sounds that way. That's my theory anyway.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I sounded like I had laryngitis for over a year after I stopped smoking crack. It's actually NEVER gotten back to totally normal, though it's better now that I've stopped smoking cigarettes.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I googled it and found some info about it. It says that the hot crack vapors can cause a sore throat a hoarse voice and caughing. Also if they are a cig smoker as well, most will smoke more because the nicotine affects the levels of dopamine in the brain and enhances the euphoria.

I had just saw someone that I heard was on crack and their voice had this hoarsness, triggered me to think back about my husband's voice and me wondering what was wrong with it. He would also have these really bad caughing attacts and would tell me that I was not dusting the house good enough....you know I bought all that BS.

But that is all in the past now,

Rose
Old 05-28-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

lots of times it is from partying & hollowing they hurt their vocal cords too.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My STBxAH doc was meth. I could always tell when he'd used because he would go a little horse and would always be clearing his throat... kinda like I do when my allergies are acting up...LOL.