Finially said Goodbye

Old 05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finially said Goodbye

My XAH was released from jail and prison earlier this week. I told him he could not parole at my place. It was the hardest thing I had to do and now I feel better, but kind guilty because I am the only person he has. Talking to my son he told me that his dad has more friends then I know, and to let him go. He is okay if he never sees his father again.

I am also to say that my son is being published for writing a story about his hero at the age of 16. So proud that he has none of his dad's traits in him so far. Going to be the first male on his dad side of the family to gradute high school and hopefully go to college.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This was a poignant post, gently releasing an unhealthy past and beginning to look forward to a healthier future.

I'd say it looks as if brighter days are ahead.

Who did your son write about, as his hero, and what did he say made this person his hero? Sometimes the fires that burn us are the very ones that forge our characters. It looks like your son may be one of those diamonds emerging from the fire.

CLMI
Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your recovery is shining and your son sounds like a sweetie. I too see you living in the solution and not stuck n the problem anymore.

Hugs
Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you made a very healthy decision for all of you. Your ex can find his own way if he chooses to do so. Your decision is very healthy and shows your recovery.

Congrats to your son...how awesome!!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm proud of your strength to make the decision you did. (I didn't have the strength to do that when my STBxAH was paroled. I found it 9 months later when his parole was terminated (on schedule) and he'd started doing drugs/staying gone again.)

HUGS to you and you son! How proud you must be of your son!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((wooforever))))

I am in kinda the same place as you. I do not have a child with him so that is different. I let my guy come back to get his things he just got out of jail. He is still here but the door to my heart is closed to him. I do not engage him in any way and he has a definite departure date. People are helping him pack. He has no doubt that he is out of here.

I feel very guilty. The only "help" he is getting is to get out. He has a lot of "stuff".

I feel like an actor shedding a role. I no longer take his cues. Most likely he will find another to co star in his drama.