thank you everyone

Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thank you everyone

i just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for being here and sharing your stories. i can't tell you how many times the old co-dependent behavior rears it's head and i beat it down with "i am going to follow the sound advice of the SR family" and i walk away, ignore the phone call, say "no" or whatever is required.

we're all in this together and even though it's tragic, there is a strength and healing going on here that is empowering and beautiful

it's unfortunate that the right choice is often the hardest choice but we truly are stronger together.

i'm not willing to loose myself to this disease. for you with children, i applaud you for protecting them.

i love the brotherhood and service going on in this forum and the underlying trust that what is true will prevail if we remember to trust in our HP for all things, including the care of our alcoholic loved one.

with that trust and our combined wisdom and experience to guide us surely, we will come through these trials... stronger and able to further assist each other and the new ones not here yet.