Long weekend = more time for US

Old 05-22-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long weekend = more time for US

It's Memorial Day weekend here in the U.S., and that means that many of us stateside will have a long weekend to fill up with something fun.

Anybody have any juicy plans for treating yourself this weekend?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I picked about 5 cups of blackberries today, so I'm going to spend the long weekend whipping fresh cream and eating them, one by one by one.

I love berries.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi GL!

I am in Mexico so no holidays for me, however I wish you all a great long weekend!

Today I will get a facial and buy some plants. I bought two wonderful plants yesterday, they were 1 dollar each, can you imagine. I am planning to drive today with my little car full of bamboo
Old 05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tiny little dollop of whipped cream on each individual berry? Mmmmmmmmmm. I could kill a whole weekend that way.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
My fiancee's granddaughter is having her first birthday party tomorrow, so we're going to a BBQ at a park. My kids are coming for the party even though it's not a custody weekend for me, so it'll be great to spend that time together.

On Sunday, her granddaughter will be blessed at a church ceremony, afterwards we'll have another BBQ and hang out by the pool at our house.

Monday we're going to a matinee to see Angels & Demons, then my AA club is having their Memorial Day BBQ.

Sooooo.....something tells me I'm going to have to focus on my diet next week after all those BBQ's!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still Waters,congatulations on the smoke free bit,know how hard it is,keep it up
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went for my first ever spray tan treatment...such a girl!

It really was the craziest thing I've done to feel cute since the Epilady came out. (Remember those, ladies?) I made a pomegranate smoothy and gabbed about movies to see this weekend with a friend.

I still have some work hours to log this weekend, so I decided to start a little early.

Hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend!!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll be planting my garden. Looking forward to getting my hands in the soil, making those rows straight, sowing those seeds. I find gardening very soothing.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alice,

I got an Epilady for Christmas in Middle school. I desperately wanted one because on of my older friends had one. OUCH! I tried it once and never saw it again.

I am hiking and picnicing this weekend.

Miss
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

One dollop per berry! Exactly!

I had no idea you could get a spray tan. LOL.

Sheets are almost done, so as soon as I have a totally clean and fresh bed, I'm going to go read a book I got today at the library.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have to go to a girlfriend's overnight bachelorette party at a cabin in the mountains tomorrow. That should be a little wild!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And...it's raining now. Which takes my bad connection down to a really bad connection.

But - perfect reading weather!
Old 05-23-2009, 03:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Still Waters, sounds like a little slice of heaven you have there!!

Congratulations on the no smoking too! I quit 6 years ago (cos we had no money...but AH didn't quit and still had cash for beer. I was so blind!) and know how hard it is to do. I decided that the cigs weren't going to be the boss of me but it took me a few false starts to finally get rid of the habit. Well done you!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Anvil,

I have never cleaned the outside of a window. There is a service here that for $5/window will thoroughly cleean them inside and out.

Miss
Old 05-23-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am alone today, and I'm going to start stripping wallpaper from my living room walls. Sounds awful, but I'm really looking forward to it--sensory, physical work is very soothing to me.

I have put off doing any work on my house, thinking that since my XABF and I would soon be living together, somewhere else, it was wasted effort. That and I spent all of my (limited) free time catering to him and the relationship.

I also dug a large garden space, edged it, planted and mulched. I am making a beautiful home for myself and my children.

Life goes on. Life is good!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's a 'bank holiday' here in the UK.. so long weekend for the Brits too.

Today I'm chilling out but I might go and do a little shopping in a moment.
Tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party which should be a most of the day event.
Monday I'm visiting a friend.. and depending on the weather we'll either be chilling out at the beach or at his place.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am taking my kids to a local park where they have a spraypark and an annual Memorial Day BBQ cookoff. I'm gonna eat me a big, sloppy BBQ sandwich (my kids don't like meat) and then watch my kids play in the water. Maybe a movie afterwards. I don't have to work overnight tonight, so I am gonna sleep, and sleep and SLEEP......
Old 05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The local canal festival meant face paining, playing with baby farm animals and a ride in a Harrier Jump Jet simulator for my boys. The sun was shining nd the smiles were priceless
Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Lots of work around the house for us this weekend. Just finished painting the patio cover. Tomorrow its yard work. Tuesday we are taking youngest son up to the community college he will be attending for orientation meeting with someone to help him with picking his classes. Its a going to be a big day!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rained out today (but that's cool - I have a wonderful book to read and I watched the lightening safely behind the floor to ceiling windows in the great room and heard the creek roaring like it is the Mississippi) but we are hitting the river in the kayaks bright and early tomorrow. Daughter and BF joining the fun. Monday is day 4 of the weekend for me...Friday was a furlough day (no pay) If I have to go without pay, latching it on to a long weekend is the way to go