a little girl.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question a little girl.

As you knowI have guardianship of a 14 yr.old and a 21/2 yr. old. When I got the 2 yr.old she was 8 months old, she will be 3 in October. From the beginning I had a friends of the family help me with her as I own a hair salon and put in long hours,As time went on they offered to keep her with them Tues . thru Sat. then I would pick her upy on Sat until Mon. eve. They would not take any pymt. This couple has beeen a part of my family for many years as they babysat my nephews who are not 18 and 21. Truth is I would love to have them adopt her as they were not able to have children on their own. They love her so much and she is very happy with them. my daughter not the father has provided for her all this time. Mom is on probation for 3 yrs, wtih a felony, absent from crack but no recovery program.I want to discusss with her mom but am afraid to. I think she realizes that she will never be able to provide for her. Should I go to the family court and order child support or let it go, I feel this child deserves to have a home and not just being in limbo like this for ever. Where do I begin?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katie, I don't have the answers but I feel your pain and children have always been very special in my heart.

I also admire that you are looking out for what will be best for these children. How blessed they are to have you in their lives.

My thoughts on your situation are to maybe see a lawyer first and find out what your legal options may be. I'm not sure if you already have legal custody of these children, but that may be the first step if not already in place.

I will keep them (and you) in my prayers, that whatever is best is what will unfold.

Hugs
Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are the 14 yr old and the 2 1/2 year old siblings?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

they have different fathers.