Welcome, Rover!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Welcome, Rover!

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Change is hard. Change is scary. But, you can't get to where you want to be until you let go of where you are. I don't know if that qualifies as a *kick* but there it is.
hi. i am new to here but your "change is hard and scary" caught my eye. i am married to an alcoholic for 8 years. we have a 7 year old and 4 year old, i also have a 13 yr old. the daily stress and wandering what my day will be like is overpowering. i have tried to get the courage to leave many times but never can. my husband works every day (most of the time), but he will take beer to work and drink on lunch break and on way home, so by the time i get home he is half lit. then sometimes passes out on the sofa before dinner. last week he had his harley out and stopped at a friends, well it got later and later,still not home. just got the kids to sleep at 9:30 and he leaves a message on my phone " hon, i wrecked my bike, where the f*** are ya!!!!!!!!!!" so, stupid me gets the kids up and takes them out to the van in the middle of a thunderstorm to go look for his dumb ***, driving down the street and i look over and there is his bike parked in the bar parking lot. his excuse " i needed to get out of the rain" then when he came home he was pulling into the garage and the bike slid and landed on him. he couldn't get up.never went to work the next day. well sorry to vent on you. that's a taste of what my life is about.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rover View Post
hi. i am new to here but your "change is hard and scary" caught my eye. i am married to an alcoholic for 8 years. we have a 7 year old and 4 year old, i also have a 13 yr old. the daily stress and wandering what my day will be like is overpowering. i have tried to get the courage to leave many times but never can. my husband works every day (most of the time), but he will take beer to work and drink on lunch break and on way home, so by the time i get home he is half lit.......
Hi Rover,

Sorry you're going through this, but I'm so glad you found us. You'll find lots of information, ideas, and support here. Please read around and you'll see that you're not alone...lots of us have found the road back to happiness even from situations that seemed hopeless. Have you read the "sticky" posts at the very top of the forum?

Also, this post is buried inside of another one and not many people may find it...it would be great for more people to 'meet' you. Please consider posting your own New Thread so more folks can offer their help -- let me know if you need any help doing that.

Some people have found good support by looking up local Al-Anon meetings...these are supportive meetings for family & friends of alcoholics, not the alcoholics themselves. Have you considered that?

XOX
GL

Last edited by GiveLove; 05-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.