Wow !! 2 years today !!!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Wow !! 2 years today !!!

Hi to all
I don't post much any more, but pop in to read and check up on how all of you are doing. But today I offer a message of hope

Today marks 2 yes 2 whole years that my RAD is clean!

It's been a long and twisty path for her. At one time I would have never thought that I would say this. I'm so happy that she has finally found herself.

Yesterday she graduated from the university (?) she didn't want to attend the ceremony and has one project to hand in before it's really final, but, as far as I know she's passed all classes and will get her diploma.

And she's pregnant, due in August with a boy!

Now the person who would take any type of drug, won't even take any thing more than tylenol and even that she stays away form. If you had told me 3 years ago that all this would have happened, I wouldn't have believed you.

There is hope...............
blue
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How wonderful for both of you!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love reading posts that give us all hope for tomorrow.

How did she turn her life around?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy for her and for you too. There is hope for every addict, the thing is "we" are not the answer, it has to come from their heart.

Sounds like your daughter has found a good path, and my prayers go out that she appreciates this all the more because of where she has been.

Hugs
Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. My daughter will have a year on the 27th, but I still think in terms of one day at a time. Tell your daughter congratulations. I know that it takes a lot of hard work. Congratulations on the baby too. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-19-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Out
She had one trip to detox and then a 30 day rehab. She took all the tools from rehab and used them well. She came home for only a couple days before school started. She had a choice of sober housing but decided on a regular dorm apartment. I had one boundry, you use, you're out of my life. I meant it she knew it. She knew I was working the program and I had changed.
She decided she needed to grow up and move on and she did it.
Boy Marle, almost a year? Time flies..................
Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Thanks for sharing this with us! As a Recovering Addict & Alcoholic, it's wonderful to hear that yet another person has found their way. I apologize for not remembering you and your daughter's "story," (there are so many people on here!) but it sounds like you have been a tremendous support for her. My Sobriety Date is July 25, 2005, yet on the 25th of every month, I reflect on how my life was then and how wonderfully different it is now. I always think to myself, "Whoda thunkit!"

Give your daughter a big hug from me! God Bless you, your daughter and the grandbaby on the way.

Judy