Missing my son

Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Missing my son

Well it is 6 months tomorrow that Jason died. I am still deep in grief I pray for some relief in time it will get better. I still have all those unanswered question eating at me. I want to know what happened the night he died he was not alone their were people their. Did they let my son die because they didn't want to call the EMT's and get caught with drugs. The answer is out their somewhere. Maybe the answers will give me some peace.
I pray every night for all the families who have a loved one who is still useing.
I pray every night for all that are in recovery.
I pray for all addicted and are trying to stop.
I also pray to get the answers I need to know.

Thanks to all of you for being my friends.
Maggiemac:praying
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am sorry you are sad, but glad you would share it here.

You are in my prayers and I pray that one day soon you get the answers you seek.

Just know that although we aren`t with you, we love you and care.

Sending big hugs and lotsa love...

Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Maggie,
This just breaks my heart.
I pray you get your answers and get some peace.:praying:praying
Sending:ghug:
Old 05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The questions can be tormenting the if only's and how, why. I have never suffered the type of loss that you have but did have a three year period where someone in my life passed away unexpectedly ever six months - it was just brutal. the worst being my 13 yo neice. The one thing that i learned is that there are some questions that no matter how many times are asked will never be answered and many that have no answers. I assume you have read the police reports of the incident for whatever you can get out of that. Please remember that if you do pursue the answers on your own that it may be even harder than not knowing. From what i have heard of your son was not that he was a lost soul - just confused and fighting his demons. I would try if possible to remember the good things in him. My brother and SIL who lost their daughter still talk about her all the time but its the good things. Things like "Oh rebecca would have loved this" or "I remember when she did that." its their way of keeping her alive - we dont talk much about her death or her accident we just try to keep the memories of her alive and she is spoken of as much as any other member of the family.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

(((Maggie))) I believe in my heart that the answers come when we are ready to hear them and IF God believes we SHOULD hear them. I love you and am praying for you to find some peace within.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

(((Maggie))) I wish I had some words to share that could bring you some piece of mind. . . but there are none. I have only the one child, my Son Brandon, who is 20. I cannot even begin to imagine the loss that you feel. I've lost my Dad, my younger Sister (from addiction) and some friends but I know that the loss of a child cannot begin to compare.

My Dad died alone at home, as a result of a massive heart attack while he was slowly dying of Cancer. Even though I knew that Dad was in a better place and no longer suffering in the horrible pain he was in, I still felt like I needed answers too. I called the police dept and spoke to the officer who responded to the call his wife made after she came home and found him. I wanted to know where he was in his home, was he in his favorite chair? Did it look like he was reaching for the phone to call for help? I called his Dr.'s office, asking all kinds of questions about his Cancer, how long he knew, where all was it, . . . the nurse did answer my questions since he was gone and patient confidentiality didn't really matter now. I got the answers I was looking for and they did not bring me any relief or peace of mind.

For the longest time, I couldn't get the picture of my Dad, sitting in his chair, out of my mind. It nearly haunted me. I realized later on that I needed to remember the happy times with my Dad. I need to just think about when I was 5 and he surprised me by taking me to get my first kitten. I still see him running to the car in the pouring down rain, in one of those yellow rain slickers and his one hand tucked into the coat, keeping the kitten safe and dry. I need to remember the pride on his face when I spoke at my graduation from the IOP Program when I had about 9 months in Recovery.

I know that nothing can take away the pain and loss that you are feeling. But please try to remember the happy times you had with Jason. I wish there were more I could say, but know that he will always be with you.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-18-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks all I do remember all the good times I had with my boy. Their were alot we were very close maybe because he was my only child. The years we always talked even when I was mad at him about the addiction.
The reason I need to know what happened to him that night is because a friend of his told me that a girl who was their did bring him back and wanted someone to call the EMT's and no one would call because of the drugs. She told Jason's friend she just left the house she was so angry. When I got their the EMts told me he was dead for a while. The police went by what the girlfriend said. I want to know did she let him die and if she did I will do something about it I know the DA and see what he has to say about it.
Just venting again I have to know
Thanks All
Love ya,
Maggiemac
Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

:praying

Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Maggiemac)))))

I too am the mother of an only child. I can't imagine the pain you must be in to loosing your child.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for but more than that I hope you find peace.

The closest person I have lost is my dad. I felt a lot of guilt over his death because I felt like I did not do enough to try and help him get well. As I have progressed thru the grief I realize I did not have the power to stop his death.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Maggie,

I just want to reach in the computer and hug you, I am so sorry. Like everyone else, I wish I could take your pain away. I am glad your here and sharing with us. ((((hugs)))) Julie
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. They say it takes about two years after the death of a child (even an adult child) for a parent to even begin to re-surface. It's still very early days for you. It is even harder when the loss is to something as painful as drugs (this is called "disenfranchised grief", if you are the sort of person who wants to learn more).

I am thinking of you.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((maggie))))
Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Maggie)))

I know when my mom died, it was 6 months before her death really sunk in, even though I helped plan her funeral. I believe the grief is such a long process because HP is protecting us by not dumping it on us all at once.

I hope that you find peace in any answers to your questions. Perhaps, since you know the DA, you can let them followup on this?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Maggie,

As far as finding out all the answers to your questions I have to agree with everyone it will not help. I was very close to someone that was murdered here in PA back in the 1991 her name was Laurie Show you may remember the case because it was headline news for years, anyway her parents really wanted to know the truth and they found out, but it really made no difference the outcome was the same nothing would bring her back. One thing you can try to find peace with is he didn't suffer, he just went to sleep. I hope your week is a little brighter, we have had so many rainy days around here it don't help lift the mood at all. Julie
Old 05-19-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Maggie.
I want to offer my prayers to you, and to let you know that I am thinking about you.
big hug, Stef
Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Maggie,
Just a little note to let you know you are in my thoughts today............I hope it is a better day for you...........Sending:ghug3
It's a good day to spend in your garden, maggie. There is where you will find your peace.
susan
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader