Stupid Question

Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Stupid Question

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is hanging in there and had an ok weekend.

I just had a quick question (a little dumb)

When doing a urine test...will it still work if it's diluted with water? Suck as still in the toliet? I know...I was just wondering. If anyone could let me know...I'd greatly appreciate it
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, it won't work when diluted with toilet water.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel so bad for you. I am in a bad situation but, I don't think I've ever thought of that. I believe that if you can't get him to take the drug test with out playing PI then you have your awnser. Please Hope 87 I was in denial for a long while before I figured out what was going on, but once I did I kept it all in perspective. Ask him to take the test if he refuses let that be your confirmation. My heart goes out to you, I feel your pain!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok...didn't mean it as disgusting....There's sanitary ways to clean a toliet and you can't tell me you've lived with men that flushes every single time...Please disregard this thread...i can't find a way to remove it now....totally embarrassed....
Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
First of all he needs to be trained to flush, use the litter box, or go outside and lift his leg on a tree.
i'm sooo sorry, but lol, on cynical one's response.....

And even more laughable, was reading cynical one's response and scrolling down and seeing freedom's Icon........ the face was my face reading your question....

anyhow hon, try not to let your embarrasment get the best of you, and just re read what you are asking. Don't stoop this low (literally) to 'catch' your addict........ snooping in the toilet might just be YOUR rock bottom.

Hugs to you,
Love,
Cess
Old 05-18-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope87 View Post
Ok...didn't mean it as disgusting....There's sanitary ways to clean a toliet and you can't tell me you've lived with men that flushes every single time...Please disregard this thread...i can't find a way to remove it now....totally embarrassed....
No need to be embarrassed! I imagine most of us here have gone to extremes in the past in regards to the addict!

I never drug-tested my EXAH because I couldn't afford it, he was tested through his parole officer on a regular basis, and I was using too!

Chin up! We care! :ghug
Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What you need to do is get his friends involved. Have them challenge him to a peeing contest for volume. Basically who can pee the most, not the longest. This way he will have to pee in a receptical that will be undiluted. Most guys won't pass up the opportunity to win a bet.

Just a thought
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

As disgusting a thought as it is to scoop up someone's urine who did not flush the toilet, that is EXACTLY what my fiance did with his AS. It DOES work, and his AS DID test positive for cocaine.

Yes, lazy young man who does not flush the toilet = testable sample.

I know, I know.....was not my idea.

HG
Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
I've trained him to sit so there is no splatter matter.
Not gonna lie, that is really unnatural and a little disturbing.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No it wont work and in fact diluting a screen is something that kids on probation do when they know they will have a dirty screen - its actually a bigger charge to dilute a screen then to have a dirty one because they just added on a charge. But to make you feel better the thought crossed my mind to do that at one point so you're not alone!!!! i didnt do it and you shouldnt waste the money on the drug test trying. what i eventually found out without using a drug test is that eventually he would tell on himself by his actions or leave stuff lying around so i never really had to take that route.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
Not gonna lie, that is really unnatural and a little disturbing.
Jason made me giggle for a long time on this one. lol
Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please don't ever be embarassed by any question you could ask on here. I don't think the purpose of this site is to make you feel bad for asking questions. You are not the first person, and won't be the last, to think of that idea. If your suspicions are great enough to think of that just tell him you want to test him. Please keep coming back. And believe me I can actually think of a lot more gross things than using a glove and plastic cup to scoop urine out of the toilet. Just ask anyone who works with disabled or elderly people and they can tell you lots of really gross stuff they have had to do.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

what's the point of drug testing our addicts? we have no weight behind us like the court system does, and all the addict is going to do is lie about the result anyway. also, there must be 50 ways to cheat a urine tox. my new mantra is "trust your gut". if i think he's using, if i have that nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach; then he is.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Personally, and tell me what this is all about.... I could never imagine asking the A in my life to do a drug test. I am certain he would get angry and if he wasn't using... he would say I didn't trust him... and if he was... he wouldn't do it and there would be a huge fight. What's the point. We are either comfortable with them or not. Trust them or not. Am I missing something.