Update on Placement for AS

Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on Placement for AS

got word today that the boys ranch has accepted my son. Apparently he passed their telephone interview with flying colors (whew - so relieved he didnt sabatoge it).

Now we have to get approval for funding and then he will be commited to the State. There's no guarantees yet but we are one step closer. I think the state will fund - they really dont have a lot of other options of places to send him to so i'm hoping it will just be some red tape. If it all goes well they will put him there next monday. The ranch wanted to take him today but we still have to work out the legal stuff so he couldnt go yet.

Apparently the ranch "really likes him and was very impressed" hahaha - that made me and the PO giggle a little bit.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea Winnie!!!! So glad you're getting some good news!!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great news..............hope they cut thru the red tape soon and I'll be praying he has a transformation there.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Old 05-18-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Apparently the ranch "really likes him and was very impressed" hahaha - that made me and the PO giggle a little bit.
Well....glad they think so. Made me giggle a little bit too.
Anyway, I'm happy for you and I'm happy for him. This ranch is going to teach him a lot Winnie.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
can ya tatoo a warning label on his forehead?? oh winnie, i know this a relief for you......
haha he's been begging for a tatoo - i think that's a great idea
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Winnie, that is just great!!! I am so happy for both of you, I think he will really like once he is there. Julie
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

winnie, that's great news. i hope that the red tape is quickly taken care of. Keeping both of you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Woohoo!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great news! Hopefully he'll be there soon.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler

Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome news!!! That is fantastic to hear, Winnie!
HG
Old 05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will pray for a fast end to the red tape. Isn't it amazing how impressive they can be when they want???
Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorton View Post
Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will pray for a fast end to the red tape. Isn't it amazing how impressive they can be when they want???
he can be when he wants to but of course last thing i said to him was "you screw this up on purpose and dont expect anymore visits from me." i guess he thought about it that night and decided it was in his best interest to make a go of it. he called all weekend wanting me to come up and visit and i just didnt go - i really didnt want to go until i heard how he did so i guess ill go visit some this week since we probably wont see him for a while.

the other good thing is that once committed to the state they have to take over all his medical bills and prescriptions. without paying his ongoing medical bills this is going to give me a few months to get all his hospital bills paid off and get squared away financially. i'm pretty relieved to have that financial support because it has been really hard and i have the bill collectors hounding me now to pay all the ER bills.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i'm pretty relieved to have that financial support because it has been really hard and i have the bill collectors hounding me now to pay all the ER bills.
Winnie just in case you didn't know, you may be able to get some bills waived. It just takes writing a letter if you can't afford them.