Notices

Need & want to share........tired and stressed-vent

Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need & want to share........tired and stressed-vent

So anyway, a lot is going on in my life. Some just regular "life" bummers but the little things pile up and seem to feel like life is picking on me. "Poor Me!"

Toothaches, speeding ticket, electrical issues that affect my bill (incredibly HIGH!!!!) coming home to my home with no electric with son in tow (been working on getting the electrical issue fixed for THREE MONTHS NOW!!!), work, and then the X husband. Not going to go there as I'm sure he still lurks on here as I know he had a screen name here before and I nailed him. So most of what's on mind in that regard I have to keep for myself and post it out there in the "public" forums.

In re: to the X, I've worked really hard this year to get my life back and while I am still climbing that mountain, there he is dragging me down.........in what ways he does. I was hurt tremendously through out our marriage and he continuously disregarded how I felt. Anyway, so it continues in other forms and I just wish he'd LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, we have a son together so I know that THAT is not going to happen. However, that marriage was so unhealthy I would like to put all of the "stuff" from it in another galaxy far, far away!!! *POOF* :burns

Wouldn't that be nice?

Anyway, I'm still so proud of myself, incredibly grateful for what I have accomplished, I have so much to smile about but you know how it is? When you know things are great but there's just those "things" that are just right there like the nose on your face. Can't ignore it and it's not going to go away?

Just feeling incredibly frustrated, stressed, emotionally and mentally drained. Talking to my sponsor, going to my meetings, coming here, spending time with my lil man, going to work, taking care of my business, I'm doing what I need to do but Whew!!!!! I just have a lot on my plate right now.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lol......life is a merry go round sometimes isn't it...

i know exactly what you mean......i thank god for giving me back my life but sometimes i think he does it with a snigger..."yeah sure here you go"....lol

Ive decided that i dont take enough time to "pause" and reflect...time to breath.

in life confusion sometimes i think we...or "i" can get distracted..i pick up resentments on the way....and wonder why i feel s...t within a few days.

Ive wound the clock back.......i do what i used to do alot.......take time out.
everything can wait.....go for a walk in the country side...play some music or just read a book......just time to think........and breath.

Life was going so fast and i was just trying to keep up........sod trying to keep up.......lifes to short.

And i try to remember that I'm sober and thats a miracle.................trucker
Old 05-16-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

trucker, you nailed it all!!! Kind of why I gave up chairing the Wed. night meetings. Time to take a breeeeeeeeeeeather!!!! Thank you!!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the light is

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
Anyway, I'm still so proud of myself, incredibly grateful for what I have accomplished, I have so much to smile about but you know how it is? When you know things are great but there's just those "things" that are just right there like the nose on your face. Can't ignore it and it's not going to go away?

Just feeling incredibly frustrated, stressed, emotionally and mentally drained. Talking to my sponsor, going to my meetings, coming here, spending time with my lil man, going to work, taking care of my business, I'm doing what I need to do but Whew!!!!! I just have a lot on my plate right now.
Yesterday was one helluva day. Staff meeting/organizational politics...everyone self-centered, whining, greedy, petty stuff. I get home, kids are bratty, wife is pissed off at the kids. Me...emotionally & mentally drained.

I honestly felt like I was the only sane one around (me, the alcoholic! ) Felt like screaming: (at work) "We have well paying jobs & meaningful work...grow the f*** up and be grateful!" (at home) "We have a great home and a great life...everyone is healthy and we have everything we need!...what's the matter with you people?"

Despite all that was going on around me, I did maintain some serenity (spiritual fitness...thank God) and tried to be helpful.

And I went to my meeting last night...for a little sanity.

Left my meeting...calm...spiritually, mentally, and emotionally re-charged. Awesome feeling!

And today is another day. More chaos around me? Who knows. But I do know that if I practice my program (started already! ) and stay spiritually fit, all will be well.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry Vegi! I'm feeling your post. We will live through these darn moments in our life. I'm in the same boat. Let's not let it go down. Sorry for your troubles too. Hugs - Sarah