We need to be loved

Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We need to be loved

i love this one:

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

The persistent human cry is, "Hold me tight."
--Donald Joy

We need to be loved. We need to be held tight, and we need to hold others tight. Many of us are scared, and for good reason. During our using years, we held tight to addiction, but this attachment created serious wounds.

In recovery, first we let go of old behaviors, attitudes, and ideas. Then we grab hold - and hold tight - to the Steps, our sponsor, the fellowship, and the principles of the program. The tighter we attach to recovery, the quicker its care and love become part of our being. The tighter we hold, the deeper the values of recovery get planted into our minds, hearts, and souls.

It is, then, our job to hold on tight and allow the safety of recovery to hold us tight. We need to go to meetings, call our sponsor, read, pray, and meditate regularly, allowing the care found in the Third Step to grab hold of us and heal our wounds.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I need Your love. Please hold me tight, especially when I'm scared or when I'm angry. Hold me until I can feel your love.

Today's Action

Today I will meditate on how I can tighten my grip on recovery and how I can let recovery hold me tighter.

You are reading from the book:

God Grant Me... by Anonymous
Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Excellent reading. Thanks.