Notices

Hey Guys.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Hey Guys.

Well I'm on day 18 right now, which beats my previous record of 2 1/2 weeks.
This time though I feel I'm really doing it for myself- Much more than last time- if that makes any sense.

Every AA meeting I go to, opens my mind a little more, and a learn something new every time. I can honestly say I enjoy the meetings more than I enjoyed getting drunk at parties.. mainly because, the people there are REAL, and we are all supports for each other. I also have to thank my partner, who throughout this has been unbelievelbly supportive. And thankyou to my parents, who have understood the seriousness of my actions, but are still there for me emotionally.

I'm still scared out of my mind about what the next year/two years/however long, will hold, I have my court hearing for a DUI and fail to remain (no injuries) in a few months.. but I really think that this is what was needed in order for me to take inventory of what I still have got, and how I can work to become a much better person.

I definately took my car and the ability to drive for granted, and now I'm looking at life as a pedestrian/cyclist- which is perhaps just what I needed.

Even since it happened over two weeks ago, I am really noticing the smaller things in life that I seemed to be totally oblivious to before, you guys know what I'm talking about...

I'm currently working on myself, in order to become less selfish towards others.

Anyway, I don't want to harp on and on and bore people, I've to get out and hand round some resume's for some local jobs.

Wishing you all the next 24!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Original, that's a great post and it shows that you are seeing your life in a different perspective now. I think you have a great attitude. I think sometimes we need a tough lesson in order to get our attention. It's great that you can see a positive side to what has happened and that you are now a better person.

Good luck with the job search.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi original and congrats on your 18 days. I'm glad your doing it for yourself. It works better that way. I wouldn't worry about a year from now. I know it sounds easier said then done. But life is and can be easier if you just stay in the day.

Take care.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

stick with it
Old 05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Every AA meeting I go to, opens my mind a little more, and a learn something new every time.
I've been attending meetings for 17 months and I'm still learning some amazing stuff.

I'm still scared out of my mind about what the next year/two years/however long
Listening to others, working the steps, and patience. The fear is replaced with acceptance & peace. Whatever happens, happens - whether you worry about it or not.

And, for me, it's never as bad as I imagined it. In fact, so many unexpected good things have come into my life as a result of sobriety & the AA program.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Whatever happens, happens - whether you worry about it or not. "

Thanks, Gravity...
I need to remember more quotes like that one.

Breathed a sigh of relief there...