Help - Need Advice

Old 05-14-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help - Need Advice

My son age 19 will be leaving out to Utah to live with his sister tomorrow. I have an Order of Protection against him since last Aug. He has in the last week broke up with his girlfriend and is staying with one of my friends until he leaves for Utah tomorrow. I haven't seen son since last Aug, and we want to say good-bye. I live in NY so he is going far far away.

Do you think it's alright to get together to say goodbye?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here's the deal, if you see him it WILL void the protection order. You have no idea how long he'll stay in Utah. Yep, I know just how far it is, I live in Maryland and my sister lives in Utah. I think the question is, how do you feel about the protection order, do you still want it?

Hugs,
Chris
Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know the next time I will see him. As far as I know he is going there to live.
I just don't want any trouble with the order, but his brother and I want to say good-bye to him.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Which one do you want more? The order or to say goodbye?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want both Chino.

I want to say good bye, but this order says no communication.

All communication has been done through his sister and my friend.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dont think that this is a choice anyone can really make for you. I would think long and hard about the reason you got the protective order - bad memories start to fade over time but can resurface very quickly. If you see him then you are voiding it and a judge will be hesitant to give you another one if he comes back. if he's still active it may not last long living with his sister. but i can understand this - knowing you wont see him for a long time is very hard - its one of the reasons i have visited my son in jail when i really didnt want to go - i knew that it may be a really long time before we see each other again. his sister is torn about visiting - she has only gone one time and hates going there but also wants to say goodbye. i guess i'll give you the same advice i gave her - its a decision that only you can make.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post
his sister is torn about visiting - she has only gone one time and hates going there but also wants to say goodbye.
That reminds me of another question I always ask: which decision will I regret more should things go bad?

A rough place to be in