Notices

Day 5......alone tonight

Old 05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5......alone tonight

Well today is day 5 and my daughter is not going to be with me tonight or tomorrow night. That is when I drink. I have an excellent attitude right now and feel like I won't falter but there is always that voice that will scream at me on the way home to pull over to the grocery store and by 2 bottles of wine. I must stay strong........
Old 05-13-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome!!
Congrats on getting your recovery rolling. That first step is a big one, I sure waited a long time to get going. One of the things I do is try to keep myself busy if I am stressed or in a "at risk" situation. Sitting home was bad for me but then again I have since found SR. Come and hang in chat if you are stuck home with nothing to do and you want some help staying sober.
Glad you are here!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
where the light is

Many evenings in my early sobriety were spent on SR or at an AA meeting. Living in my head was not a good idea. It helps to focus on recovery (the solutions & the experiences) as opposed to not drinking (the "loss").

Best wishes!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome and keep coming back!!
Why not take this opportunity to get to an AA meeting in your local area? In a room full of people who have had similiar experiences is the best insurance against feeling alone and staying sober just for today! It'll also be a good time to pick up some literature while you are there!!

Congratulations on getting another day clean and sober!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What it boils down to resa is "just say NO". When I first quit and to some extent now I would make lists of things I wanted and/or needed to do when I was coming up on a weekend or other time that was a normal drinking time, and in the beginning they were big lists and by the time I'd get done I was too exhausted to drink. Make plans for yourself and reward yourself for not drinking, I rewarded myself with M&Ms LOTS of them.
Remember to breathe!

Judy