First Time

Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Time

I just wanted to share:
Last night my husband and I, went to our first Naranon meeting. I was really scared walking in the door not knowing what to expect, but I know we need help/recovery for us so we push through.
Well surprise surprise a room full of people that are/have gone through the same things we are. Everyone was very nice and helpful, we got to hear what brought them there and we also shared some of our own story. I couldn't get to much out because it was a little emotional, but it also felt good to know the people there really get it and know how I am feeling. So I just want to let the ones who haven't yet made a meeting, GO it is so worth it. I think I am going to go again next week. LOL
I also want to thank Chris for pushing my butt to get there. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad it was a positive experience. My experience is positive as well although overwhelming at times. Thank you for the reminder that a F to F might be a big help to me at the moment.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks My Joey for sharing. I too attend NarAnon and the support I get there is great - a group of people who have or will go through the same things I'm going through, are willing to share their stories and their unconditional love, you can't beat that!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Naranon has helped me see that my life isn't any less valuable than my sons. I always thought that if I don't have my Joe, that I don't have anything.
Naranon has helped me so much, and there are so many others suffering
from this exact same situation. Through Naranon, I realized that we get one precious life, and what my son does with his, is not my choice. What I do with mine is.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad you took that step...The face to face support and the friendships you will develop are truly wonderful.