For those of us struggling with where we are right now:)

Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking For those of us struggling with where we are right now:)

WHERE GOD WANTS ME

One day I happened to call a man on business whom I didn't know, have not nor will probably ever talk to again. But this day, he felt like talking.

He was head of security at a company that had invited the remaining members of a company who had been decimated by the attack on the Twin Towers to share their office space.

With his voice full of awe, he told me stories of why these people were alive and their counterparts were dead.

All the stories were just little things. You might know about the head of the company who got in late that day because his son startedkindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.There were other stories that I hope and pray will someday bemgathered and put in a book.

The one that struck me was the man who put ona new pair of shoes that morning. He took the various means to get to work, but before he gotthere, he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive.

Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator, turn back to answer a ringing telephone ... all the little things that annoy me ... I think to myself, this is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment.

May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little things.

THAT STILL SMALL VOICE

Have you ever been just sitting there and all of a sudden you feel like doing something nice for someone you carefor...THAT'S GOD...He talks to you through the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to talk to...THAT'S GOD...He wants you to talk to Him.

Have you ever been thinking about somebody that you haven't seen in a long time and then next thing you know you see them or receive a phone call from them...THAT'S GOD...there is no such thing as "coincidence."

Have you ever received something wonderful that you didn't even ask for, like money in the mail, a debt that had mysteriously been cleared, or a coupon to a department store where you had just seen something you wanted, but couldn't afford ...THAT'S GOD...He knows the desires of your heart...

Have you ever been in a situation and you had no clue how it is going to get better, but now you look back on it...THAT'S GOD...He passes us through tribulation to see a brighter day..

DO YOU THINK THAT YOU READ THIS ACCIDENTALLY ? NOPE!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those were wonderful! Thanks for posting those! :ghug :ghug
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i think the same way sometimes.
like certain things i do and im not sure if its right or not,
it seems like god comes in and decides for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i feel like that too sometimes.
like when im doin somethin and im not sure if its right or not it seems like god comes in and taked over and then my eyes open up to it in a different way
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All I can say is Wow...

Thanks for the thought for today.

I'm going to refer someone to this post. Don't know who yet.

I may even print it (just the text) and show it to someone. In fact I have an eighth grade student sitting very near me right now (I'm a teacher) who can use it. He was suckered into a fight by someone who loves to get beat up just to see others' get in trouble.

I'll think about it.

Thanks,

warren
Old 05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No I don't think I read this by accident! I was reading something in my al-anon literature this morning about this same subject. I had thought about it for a little while and accepted the fact that though my life isn't what I wanted it to be, I am exactly where God wants me to be right now.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Oh what a beautiful post, thank you very much for sharing it! I will forward it to a close friend that has been sober for 90 days, and to my sister.

I also think !!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

Thank you. This is just what I needed to be reminded of when I'm 'chomping at the bit' trying to force things to happen. Usually I'm able to let things unfold as they should, or if they should, and realize that especially when it seems that the timing of some events _is_ out of my control-things really are as they should be. That's good to know but not always easy to live with when in the moment.
Today when I look back over many years of this idea proving itself to be true in my own life, I wonder why I'm so quick to forget?
Thanks for this reminder for me to remember.

Last edited by cmc; 05-12-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, first thing that pops up there in the gray matter is: LET GO AND LET GOD. That's nice for me to write, but Saying and Doing are two different animals, huh? Reading this is helping me to set my bearings, thanks.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awakening

A copy of this goes on my desk top.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
One foot in front of the other

One day I was walking back from Rite-Aid (to work) during a break...had a TERRIBLE morning with AH that day. He was supposed to watch our son while I was working that day, and he was wasted so I had to run around and find a way to get a sitter before 6:30 in the morning...A lot of craziness I remember....Anyway, this guy was walking along who at first glance seemed like a homeless bum, but he looked like the happiest guy in the world. He says hi to me, then seeing I was in a bad mood says "Smile, it's not that bad." I said I just had a rough morning...complained a little bit. He said "Jesus still loves you...it will get better. Put a smile on your face." That was it. He just walked on. I am still convinced it was an angel! That stuff just doesn't happen all the time. It's the little things..........
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I was moving with ex AH from one place to the other (things were very shaky then to say the least) and I was really sad, when I took a cab to grab a few things that were at the old place and did not want a ride from ex AH.

The cab driver turned out to be a pastor (well used to be and now dedicated to a shelter for homeless kids) and he saw me crying my heart out.

I remember he told me a guy that made me cry that way (or at all) was not a good person, that addicts only attract disasters, that it was GREAT I was not married or had any kids with him, and that God wanted something better for me. When we arrived at the place he stayed with me and we talked for about 20 minutes (well he talked, I was just sobbing) and he also told me that any cab driver could have taken me, but God put him there and it was no coincidence.

He gave me some comfort at a very very stressful time. After that I went to a nearby church and a park, just kept crying all day. Could not believe the AH.

Coincidentally, this last weekend I went for sushi on the same area with a good guy I am seeing. We sat at the same park where I wandered all alone in lots of pain just a few months ago (seem like ages).

This time I recall I laughed a lot, and had a very good time. And the sushi was very tasty LOL
Wow, what a difference!

Thanks for reminding me how far I've got!
If it were not for God I would probably still be crying on the same park, letting AH hurt me.

But no siree, no more