Mother's Day breakfast with my AD...

Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mother's Day breakfast with my AD...

It really did turn out to be a pleasant day. On the drive down to AD's, I just prayed and asked God to help me focus on the positives, and let the rest go.

The breakfast was SO nice. Church members had made homemade cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, sausage, eggs, fresh fruit cups, and plenty of juice, milk, and coffee.

I remembered many faces from the last time I went to church there, and was finally able to hold the adorable 4 month old son of a couple in their early 40's who had been unable to conceive for years, had given up, and she got pregnant with little Daniel! She was due any day the last time I had actually met her. He has the biggest blue eyes and was in one of those moods that no matter what I said to him, I got the biggest toothless grin from him! I held him during church as she was playing the keyboard with the church band.

The grandkids gave me a Mother's Day card, and AD gave me a birthday card (it's tomorrow).

Then the kids and I drove back to my house so I could change. My youngest didn't want to go for the afternoon celebration because she was 'tired' and I didn't even let that disappoint me.

We went to meet up with my folks, ate at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, and then decided to see the new Wolverine movie.

All in all, it was a really good day, my granddaughter will be coming to spend a weekend soon, and we'll all be at her big 8th grade promotion on the 19th.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy for you that it all went so well, it sounds like a splendid day.

Just goes to show us (and I include me because I know this so well) that worry is a wasted emotion. If I had all my worry time about things that never unfolded, back, I'd probably live to 105.

Birthday tomorrow, eh? Guess I'll get baking a cake

Hugs
Old 05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Just goes to show us (and I include me because I know this so well) that worry is a wasted emotion. If I had all my worry time about things that never unfolded, back, I'd probably live to 105.
Isn't that the truth?! One of my very first sponsors told me that 99% of what she would worry about never happened anyway! I try to remember that every time I start to worrry.

Well now if you're baking, I'd like to hint for a German chocolate cake please!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wondered how it went...so glad to hear it was fantabulous!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I took Home Economics in High School, my teacher promised to pass me if I promised to only stir and touch nothing else..and switch to music the next semester. I never could bake worth a darn

Sooooo...German chocolate cake it is!!! :praying
Old 05-11-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
When I took Home Economics in High School, my teacher promised to pass me if I promised to only stir and touch nothing else..and switch to music the next semester. I never could bake worth a darn
LOL! I was blessed in that I did well in home ec, and my 20 year old has turned out to be a good cook too! My oven has been broken for a few years, but she's started baking a lot of things up at the house where she nannies, and she's starting to excel in that area too!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a sweet day, and you certainly deserved it.
Happy Birthday and enjoy the cake