Notices

sigh

Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thumbs down sigh

sigh I feel betrayed from all that's happened here with me and all... hum...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

we know Paulos. I'm sorry you still feel this way.

You have choices P - you can dwell on this and let it eat you up and make you bitter, you can come back here and try to work with the system as is (which seems to be working very well for most folks as far as I can see) or, you can vote with your feet and move on from SR.

I don't recommend the first or the last choice - they're not going to do you any good.

Things happen to all of us that we don't agree with - sometimes things happen that we think are unfair even - that's a sad but inevitable part of life.

I've seen the explanation given to you several times - it was either do what happened or close the chat rooms indefinitely. That would have made a lot of other people unhappy, and may have hurt some peoples recovery.

I'm sorry that you personally had to take one for the team Paulos - but my advice is try your best to let it go and move on from it.

The only person you're hurting right now is yourself, mate.

D
Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand Paulos. From personal experience and perspective. But I really feel you've got to try and put it behind you now. When I first came here it stood out to me the contribution you make here and how it is appreciated. All chat room facilities have to make accomodations and change in structure a bit as they grow, so that they continue to run smoothly.

Have you PM'd the moderators directly about your concerns, so that you can try to come to a mutual understanding, and so that everyone knows clearly where they stand?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Paulos, I don't think that posting things like this will help the situation get any better. However, I am sorry that you feel this way.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, Paulos.

I've gotten frustrated with SR plenty of times to the point of seriously considering never coming back.

I've had to take a breather from this place more than once.

What I'm doing now is trying to stick close to the positive people here...the ones I've made connections with.

It's hard for me to see at times, but I make myself aware that for every bad situation/person, there are many more good situations/people here. I'm learing to focus more on the positive aspects. It's not easy at all. I have a strong tendency to gravitate towards the negative...this is an uphill battle for me, but it should become easier over time. The important thing for me is to keep trying to make this work for me. Why? SR is very important to maintaining my sobriety.

Stick around and stick close to the people who make you feel good here.

Take it easy.