Notices

Terror in the night.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Terror in the night.

I awoke about 5 am last night, and something big, dark and hairy was sitting on my chest. As my eyes adjusted to the dim light, I began to make out the outline of "little Kitty", my newest cat that I was given by a friend. I had dozed off on the sofa and this cat had decided to plop down on my chest while I was a sleep.

Funny, this cat used to run and hide when I was drinking. Guess she could tell when I was crazy with the booze.

Just don't drink today, all will be better in time.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's funny. You might have guessed I like cats too. Mine even liked me when I was drunk for some reason. Mine was dumped on my doorstep when he was only 3 weeks and was hiding way up in a bush so the other animals wouldn't tear him up.

Drunks love their animals.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's funny. I have a big fat cat and she gets in bed in the middle of the night and lays on my head and puts her face right by mine and purrs into my ears. I love it!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I love it! what a great story...
our kitties are a wonderful comfort , aren't they...
I have been sick for the last bit, and a few nights ago, I woke up shivering so bad from fever, that my callie crawled under the covers and snuggled up against my body in an effort to comfort me...I think she was very concerned, poor girl...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comments, at least I'm not alone.

I think I'm really losing it tho, cause I found myself talking to the cat this morning while I was feeding her. I told her that if anyone tells her she's not my buddy, to give them the ole paw across the chops, lol. I think she understands, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You are NOT 'losing it' cause you talk to your cats. I talk to my cats and my dogs, sometimes they're the only ones who understand me! My fur babies love me whether drunk or sober, but I'm a much better dog-and-cat mom to them sober.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My fur baby (Peaches the Pekingnese) is my best friend, I talk to her all the time as well and whenever I'm not home at the usual time she b*tches like crazy when I do get home so she talks too.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know, cats are very psychic animals. Sounds like a very auspicious sign! (Something to remember and be grateful for -- hint, hint!) Thanks for sharing!

freya
Old 05-08-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I talk to my cats, and they "talk" back. This morning, the 3 of them came in from outside and it sounded like a kitty choir, as I was getting their treats ready

We're not crazy, we just love our furbabies!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cats are very in tune with our feelings. I noticed that my baby comes up to me for lovins a lot more now that I'm sober. When I would come home drunk or on something she could sense it and would keep her distance and just watch me. It was unfortunate because that's when I would want to cuddle with her the most. Funny story I actually woke up one morning with scratch marks all over my arms and for the life of me had no idea what caused them (she never scratches or hisses or anything like that). Then I noticed my shirt was covered in her hair and I guessed that I got a little too lovey or tried to hug her too tightly and she clawed her way out. :x
Old 05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

With two dogs and two cats, my house is full of activity and I feel like a short-order cook, these girls, (they're all female) eat a ton. I'm constantly in the kitchen fixing the next snack, cleaning the pet dishes, sweeping up the inevitable crumbs off the floor, feel like Mr. Mom at times, but hey, they never threw me out when I came home drunk, so now it's payback time, lol.

Gotta love the furry beasts, lol.

You folks are great.