Just For Today

Old 12-30-2001, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Just For Today

I was just reading "Just for Today" and for those of you who don't have a copy, I thought you might benefit from hearing this topic.

"...growth is not the result of wishing but of action and prayer."
Basic Text, pp.35-36
Sometimes it seems as if our recovery is growing much too slowly. We struggle with the steps: we wrestle with the same problems; we labor under the same uncomfortable feelings day after day. We wish that recovery would move a little faster so we could find some comfort!
Wishing doesn't work in recovery; this isn't a program of magic. If wishes cured addiction, we all would have been well long ago! What does give us relief in recovery is action and prayer.
Narcotics Anonymous has worked for so many addicts because it is a carefully designed program of action and prayer. The actions we undertake in each ofthe steps bring more and more recovery to each area of our lives. And prayer keeps us connected to our Higher Power. Together, action and prayer keeps us well-grounded in recovery.
Just for today: My recovery is too precious to just wish about it. Today is a good day for action and prayer

Wow! I think that whatever program you are working, whatever it is you are recovering from, this idea just hits home..."My recovery is too precious to just wish about...". I don't think that there is a statement which holds more truth or bears more weight than this one. Anyhow, there's some brain food for your program, ladies. May you find your wishes for recovery made manifest by action and prayer! Girlpower!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sick In The City (edited January 03, 2002).]
Old 01-06-2002, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for that insight. I've been sitting on the pity pot feeling sorry for myself because I am not happy with my program at the moment... more just not happy with myself. Prayer and action are the key to get myself going.... Thank-you
Old 01-14-2002, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

just for today
i will try to live through this day only and not tackle my whole life problem at once.

just for today i will be happy.

thank you City for opening this page!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kC313

to day i am liveing just for to day