OT a bit ~ going out

Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT a bit ~ going out

While my AH and I were apart for a while (we are still not normal), I was getting back in touch with friends I had neglected because I let the craziness of addiction consume me. I was also making new friends at work.

Almost all of these friends, old and new, like to go out dancing. Where do people go dancing around here? Night clubs.

So we (all ladies) go dancing. We have tons of fun. I only dance with my friends - unless you count those guys who come up and try to dance with all of us. Even if I was single, I would not feel comfortable dancing with strangers so soon - if ever.

During our marriage, we never did stuff apart like that. But I feel really good doing it because I get out and have fun. I'm not into the "market" part of it obviously. Many of the friends I go out with are married.

AH thinks it is a not an appropriate place for a married woman. He doesn't say much - but I know it makes him unhappy.

So I'm wondering if I'm being selfish about this. I wouldn't want him to do it - but then guys don't go out dancing together like women do.

Any thoughts?? Do any of you go out without your spouses?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Sure do.....and we don't have any problems. Its my son that was the addict in our house. I have always had ladies night out and my hubby trusts me...he does his golfing, his harley and I have fun with the girls once in a while. I see nothing wrong with this. Of course, we live in a small town and know so many of the people that are out.....enjoy yourself. Smiles, Bonnie