Is this weird?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this weird?

My mother flipped out. My friend said he was concerned about my mental state.

After being sick for a week, coughing spasms (and thinking Depends should be a purchase), I decided to take my two pups and board them for a couple of days (at my very good Vet's office). I just want some peace and quiet. I've been with them non-stop since 10/11. No breaks. So far, one's eaten a CD (Vet bill) and just the other day I found them eating a miniature christmas light. I am on high alert 24/7 constantly supervising them.

At any rate, since dropping them off at my Vet's I've had no coughing spasms. I was in a cold sweat when I dropped them off. Now, I feel at peace. Now, I do love them and it's not like I am going to leave them there forever - 2 days at the most. Even people with kids hire babysitters. Right?

Oh, and BTW, they were going to start their "swimming lessons" tomorrow. This can wait another week. Yes, even pets need swimming lessons when a person has a pool

Last edited by Katie09; 05-05-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I don't think it's weird. My dog is family to me, she's proven far more loyal than, say, my parents. Even so, it's nice to have a day off every once in a while. Or even just a couple hours.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
I don't think it's weird. My dog is family to me, she's proven far more loyal than, say, my parents. Even so, it's nice to have a day off every once in a while. Or even just a couple hours.
Thanks. It's only been over three hours and I just called to check on them. I do hope I don't come across as a bad mom or over-indulgent. This, to me, is my version of a day at the spa (to which I've never been, nor have I ever had a pedicure). But I truly believe all of us with responsibilities need a bit of time off from said responsibilities - especially when they are demanding and of the living and breathing type.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't think it's weird either. Heck when my daughter was a baby and I was a single mother I left her with her grandmother for several weeks because I was falling apart (not that I'm implying that you are falling apart) and needed a break so I definetly would do the same with furbabies if needed.

Judy
Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
I don't think it's weird either. Heck when my daughter was a baby and I was a single mother I left her with her grandmother for several weeks because I was falling apart (not that I'm implying that you are falling apart) and needed a break so I definetly would do the same with furbabies if needed.

Judy
Thanks, Judy. Is IS working. I am feeling much more relaxed and able to focus on my house. It's amazing the energy I expend on taking care of those girls. Didn't realize it until today. I know they are well and this will no doubt help me. I am not falling apart but stress is stress. They may be there until Thursday - or for another 24 hours. At any rate, I am doing much better.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

keep........on........working.......whatever...... ...it........is.........you're....working......

............because it seems to be...........

.......working !