I can't.....but I can........Detachment

Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't.....but I can........Detachment

I found my way here, because I had to leave another forum I had been going to for the past 8mths for privacy reasons. I can not prove it but it is more than likely that my Sis in law, whom I lead by the hand to the other forum and to her first AlAnon meeting, repeated some things that I had posted about my brothers, and this in turn cause a bit of a family drama, as my relationship with my brothers was already SUPER strained. I was afraid at the idea of leaving the old forum where I had made so many friends, and really hurt that I was put in that position by someone I had tried to help. I'll also now, will probally have to change my home group and find another one, as I no longer feel at ease sharing when she is there. I had to add that issue to the problems with my EXABF and after having given a lot of thought to my life decided that it is time to just detach from all of it.
I can't change sis in law, brothers, nor make EXABF care and be a different kind of person. I can't understand EXABF's thought process's and I can't make myself insane anymore because of it, trying to read and interpret what he says or doesn't say and when. I HAVE to let it go....I just HAVE to.
I can no longer function in the insanity that has become my life.
Today I feel awesome and so content. Woke up more at ease than in a long time. I've given my program a lot of thought the past week, and decided that I have to make some changes to it in order to get as much out of it as I possibly can-which is my goal, and I am feeling much happier, contented and free as a result. This program has soooo much to offer and I want to get everything it has to offer to the fullest extent and rebuild a whole new me, from the ground up.
My life has been a rollercoaster ride the past six months, well for many years now, and I want to jump off and take some time to enjoy the new awareness I find myself filling up on. I'm making new friends, and want to make even more and expand some of my service work in time. I want to focus on ME, what I want, what I feel, and what makes ME happy, and work a more dedicated program. The days of living my life to make others happy are gone. I want to really focus on detaching from the things that cause me drama, hurt, unrest, or unhappiness as much as I can and not feel selfish for taking care of me first!
Woke up and within minutes thoughts of EXABF popped into my head. It took some time, but within a few minutes I decided to take my focus from that and put it on my HP and His will for me and TRUST in that and that I am right where I need to be, where He wants me to be. TODAY I am ok. It really made me stop and think about awareness even more, and how with it I can put a stop to stinking thinking before it snowballs down on me.
It really is a blessing to be part of such a wonderful program and more and more I learn with each passing day that it truly does work if you work it

Keeping it in the now
spirit
Old 05-05-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for your great post, spirit. Keep it focused on you -- not on anyone else -- and you will continue to do great. It's not worth all that other chaos, really it's not.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks so much for sharing.
Welcome to SR, it's nice to meet you.