Notices

TEEN just about driving me to drink!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry TEEN just about driving me to drink!

Hi all,

Today I really coulda used a good stiff drink! At least that used to be my normal response to dealing with my teenage daughter. She can really get me going. Usually I don't buy into her disrespectful attitude but sometimes I just can't take it anymore and I blow. Arghhh! I really felt the craving today. And, it didn't help that my neighbor came trotting over to my house with a bucket of frozen daquirie's in hand - even after I told her that I was not drinking! It is maddening. I feel so isolated on this quest for sobriety. I am really looking forward to my AA meeting this week because at least I can be with like-minded people and not feel so alone.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I can relate to raising a teenager--and believe me--it can be extremely hard at times. Just want you to know you are not alone and drinking (no matter what they do or say) won't make it any better.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jasmine

i am a recoveing alcohlic haven't had a drink for 10 years but my 17 year old is an addict and i feel really hopeless i am so scared for him
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have 2 teenage daughters and they are turning my hair grey !!! They can be so frustrating. On the other side of the coin though they are one of reasons I dont want to be the drunk I was anymore.