Notices

Am I the only one?

Old 05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I the only one?

That is running into as many obstacles sober as they did when they were drunk? I'm hoping it is just still the fall out from when I drank and am trying my darndest to stay positive. This IS NOT a post with me thinking about drinking again that just isn't an option. I guess I am just feeling a little beat up this week and it's only Monday. An hoping the farther and farther my last drunk day gets away (it's only been 17 days) the less nervous I will get...
Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

"This IS NOT a post with me thinking about drinking again that just isn't an option."

Good, everything else will be just fine.

(And no, you're not the only one. )
Old 05-04-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you're having problems but very glad you're not thinking about drinking. No matter how bad things may get, drinking will only make them worse. Hang in there. It does get better, I promise.:ghug3
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No, it's certainly not just you. In the beginning (and it's still very early for you) our emotions are raw, our thinking is foggy. I was lethargic and almost in a state of shock in the first few weeks. As you grow stronger things won't seem so overwhelming, promise.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're not alone, TRUST ME. I have been having a case of the "Monday's" myself and am also new to sobriety. For some reason, the first week or so felt peaceful because I was starting to make the right decisions, stopped begin sick etc... But the fact of the matter is, life is STILL tough, even if you're sober... Which is probably WHY most of us drink.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

At 17 days, I was crying when paperplates stuck together! Early Recovery is a very, very rough time. The PAW's creep up on you more often, they seem stronger than ever, cravings come out of nowhere, and then, there's the emotions. OH MY!

Just take everything nice and easy. Don't try to do too much. When I first got clean and sober, I tried to change everything about myself within a few weeks. I was in such a big hurry for everyone to see what incredible changes for the better Judy has been making that it was like a tornado swirling through my mind. I had to slow down, first things first. We sometimes tend to forget that we are going through major changes still in our physical, spiritual and emotional world.

I put little post it notes in several places in my apt as constant reminders to myself to:

Keep it Simple . . . One Day at A Time . . . . This Too Shall Pass.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things are looking grim for you now. Congratulations on 17 days sober. It is still early recovery and it is a time of big change.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all I guess I was hoping that once you make that big decision NOT to drink it would be rainbows and flowers but that just isn't life. Thanks for all the advice this place totally rocks! Tomorrow I will just remember to breath!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by RohnertWestfiel View Post
That is running into as many obstacles sober as they did when they were drunk? I'm hoping it is just still the fall out from when I drank and am trying my darndest to stay positive. This IS NOT a post with me thinking about drinking again that just isn't an option. I guess I am just feeling a little beat up this week and it's only Monday. An hoping the farther and farther my last drunk day gets away (it's only been 17 days) the less nervous I will get...
No, you're not the only one...it's been 9 days for me and my claws are coming out tonight...I feel like I wanna smack someone lol.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It is definitely not just you! Good job on 17 days!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Not just you. I am right there with you!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

I am going through it with you too. Congrats on 17 days and it does get better or if anything else, different. One day at a time!