Notices

I feel like I keep venting...I'm sorry :(

Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true

I feel like I keep venting...I'm sorry :(

I just had to come online and post...I had wrote that I had gotten into an arguement last night with the person I'm living with..today I had told this person that I've been trying really hard to get my mind off drinking, so maybe we could play a video game together...I'm trying to do ANYTHING to get my mind off drinking and all these other personal problems I'm having that constantly run through my mind...I'm not familiar of how to work the controls on the game yet, so I thought it would be fun if we would do it together so I could learn...Instead of it being something fun, I got an attitude from this person for not knowing what to do, (I'm even the one who got this person the game system as a gift)...I was laughing about it, trying to work the controls, I thought it was kind of fun...but instead of making it fun, I'm getting looks and just made to feel like I'm being an annoyance...This was supposed to be a fun thing...something to help me get through this freakin night...I finally found something that I might be interested in doing, I don't have many hobbies...I really don't want to sound like a whiner, but it really makes me feel like crying, that when I try to do something constructive (with a socalled person who cares about me.).. to get my mind off drinking, I get belittled over something so stupid, that's just supposed to be fun..I hope this doesn't sound immature, because it's more than just playing a video game...it's something I needed to do tonight to help me not drink, and I get treated badly for it...I really need to move as soon as I can...and I know if I keep drinking that will never happen, I will just keep being in a state of numbness and depression..it's just hard working on sobriety and doing job hunting at the same time..God, I want a drink...Thanks for listening.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's very hard for others to understand how difficult it is to stay sober.

That's the reason that many of us, including me, come here. We do understand!

Just focus on yourself and your sobriety and you'll get through this.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You're allowed to come here and vent.

In fact - I recommend it!

Keep coming back.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tommyk View Post
You're allowed to come here and vent.

In fact - I recommend it!

Keep coming back.
Thank you so much...I feel like I'm gonna go nuts tonight...ugh.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Listen to some music and relate whe words to recovery topics.

You'll find that your mind can only handle one thought train at a time, focus on the music.

Works for me!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tommyk View Post
Listen to some music and relate whe words to recovery topics.

You'll find that your mind can only handle one thought train at a time, focus on the music.

Works for me!
Thanks...it's just it gets overwhelming, especially since I am trying to diet now, just one thing on top of another.I put on some weight from drinking and not even caring about what I ate...I have that feeling like I just wanna scream! No drinking and no fattening food tonight, plus being agitated...bad combo...I think I will be on here for awhile tonight.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

you can jump into chat, and talk live to lots of us.. it's really helpful sometimes.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Hey, Sweets. I'm glad you're here and I'm glad you're posting.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm getting ready for a bowl of super dooper ice cream
that's my recommendation for everyone tonight....
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeenut View Post
Hey, Sweets. I'm glad you're here and I'm glad you're posting.
So sweet, thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post

I'm getting ready for a bowl of super dooper ice cream
that's my recommendation for everyone tonight....
I just had a convo with my friend...took the edge off...going to take a bath in a lil while before bed...I had cheese doodles instead of ice cream though
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey sweets, I'll swing by with ice cream, and you can either have some or stick with the cheese doodles, hang in there.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Hey sweets, I'll swing by with ice cream, and you can either have some or stick with the cheese doodles, hang in there.
Haha thanks...but I think all of that will kill my diet, (I only had a few cheese doodles, and they were 40% less fat than regular) I have been doing pretty good with it so far...Can you believe that?...quitting alcohol AND dieting..I'm taking on two difficult things at one time, but that alcohol really packed on the lbs...I would drink alot of whiskey and vodka...Once I looked up how many calories in a jigger of vodka and whiskey...I almost keeled over...The amount I was drinking , I could've had a whole cheesecake everyday...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm with you, the pounds from beer really add up to, so I'm trying to watch my weight also, working out a couple times a wekk, but it's a slow go. The sugar in the ice cram helps curb my urges, and tastes good too, yummy stuff, rofl. You look great to me=), so here, have a couple scoops, lol.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sweets,

My 2c on dieting. Having cravings for both food and alcohol might be too much to handle now. Give it some time. Also, for a diet to work in the long run, you can't think of it as something temporary, "for the next 3 months," "until I lose those 10lbs," etc. Healthy eating is what will help to shed the pounds and keep them off. And exercise. I don't know what your level of fitness is now but you can run your ideas by a doctor or a trainer if you need to. And you'll feel better about yourself after the workout, endorphins really work! I've been there, lost a lot of weight and kept it off by re-learning how to eat healthy and exercising.

Having said that, my appetite has really increased after I stopped drinking. I was probably missing all the calories I got from booze. It's becoming to get normal again now I think.

Good luck!
OB
Old 05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OceanBound View Post
Sweets,

My 2c on dieting. Having cravings for both food and alcohol might be too much to handle now. Give it some time. Also, for a diet to work in the long run, you can't think of it as something temporary, "for the next 3 months," "until I lose those 10lbs," etc. Healthy eating is what will help to shed the pounds and keep them off. And exercise. I don't know what your level of fitness is now but you can run your ideas by a doctor or a trainer if you need to. And you'll feel better about yourself after the workout, endorphins really work! I've been there, lost a lot of weight and kept it off by re-learning how to eat healthy and exercising.

Having said that, my appetite has really increased after I stopped drinking. I was probably missing all the calories I got from booze. It's becoming to get normal again now I think.

Good luck!
OB

Hey Ocean...I know it is alot to take on at once..trying to stay sober AND lose weight...I packed on alot of weight from all the drinking and eating (because it would give me an even bigger appetite than I'd normally have). I've lost 60lbs before...At that time in my life, I had a very clear head, hardly touched alcohol, and was very focused...I wasn't irritable or cranky,I was just so focused on losing weight and raising my self-esteem. The state of mind I am in now isn't the best, so it's very hard to focus on one thing (staying sober), let alone two things (staying sober, and diet)...I just really feel so much better when the weight is off....makes me want to actually go out and do more things..I'm starting to walk here and there, I'm so bad with excercise...I loathe it lol..I'm trying as hard as I can...I've been craving a drink so bad... I don't mind eating healthy, but I do enjoy alot of fattening stuff too...but today is 1 week sober...trying to hang in there.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweets79 View Post
Haha thanks...but I think all of that will kill my diet, (I only had a few cheese doodles, and they were 40% less fat than regular) I have been doing pretty good with it so far...Can you believe that?...quitting alcohol AND dieting..I'm taking on two difficult things at one time, but that alcohol really packed on the lbs...I would drink alot of whiskey and vodka...Once I looked up how many calories in a jigger of vodka and whiskey...I almost keeled over...The amount I was drinking , I could've had a whole cheesecake everyday...
I really recommend, due to you being in such early recovery, to NOT worry about dieting. That in of itself, is extremely stressful. If you want to be focused on losing weight, instead of making it a diet, which can be such a DOWNER (I can't have sweets, can't have fat, can't have alcohol, feel like I can't have a life thing), try a gym or swimming, biking, hiking, or simple walking. It's something you CAN do and is good for you at the same time. Try a couple sports like volleyball or softball or something like too. Anything is better than trying to quit drinking AND going on a diet at the same time. You'll feel like a million bucks too, after a good work out, walk, or game.
Hang in there! :ghug3
Old 05-02-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sweets, You need to get the hell out of that relationship. It's dangerous to your sobriety. Until then, however, vent away! I've always found that venting, like music, is good for the soul.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrackQuack View Post
I really recommend, due to you being in such early recovery, to NOT worry about dieting. That in of itself, is extremely stressful. If you want to be focused on losing weight, instead of making it a diet, which can be such a DOWNER (I can't have sweets, can't have fat, can't have alcohol, feel like I can't have a life thing), try a gym or swimming, biking, hiking, or simple walking. It's something you CAN do and is good for you at the same time. Try a couple sports like volleyball or softball or something like too. Anything is better than trying to quit drinking AND going on a diet at the same time. You'll feel like a million bucks too, after a good work out, walk, or game.
Hang in there! :ghug3
Thank you for your wonderful suggestions :ghug3
Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joedris View Post
Sweets, You need to get the hell out of that relationship. It's dangerous to your sobriety. Until then, however, vent away! I've always found that venting, like music, is good for the soul.
I know Joe...This isn't really a relationship, it's just a living situation, but I know what you're saying, and it does impact me negatively most days...There's a few people I need to get out of my life honestly..In the last few years I've dealt with some characters...lots of mind games and lots of dissapointments....It's not even that I was attracted to these people just because I was drinking...I truly had a strong attraction to them when I was sober also... ...I think it's just something in me that draws me to them and makes me stongly attracted to them... It was after I had met them and gotten attached, and got very dissapointed a few times in a row... that it caused emotions that I couldn't handle, especially loneliness...and then I would turn to drinking( those not being the ONLY reasons, but mostly)..I'm hoping to make some big changes in my life, by quitting and being very careful who I let into my life from now on...but it's hard to change what you're used to and what you like..even though sometimes it can be bad for you.